Skip to main content

Popcorn Experiment ~ More Book Blanket Granny Squares

 




I keep reading how freshly popped popcorn, is better after it's been in the freezer, so we tried it.  Honestly, it was not for taste, but for us, it was about traveling with home popped popcorn.

We do not like microwave popcorn, and while it's portable, we prefer home popped popcorn, with real butter and real seasonings.

First, a metal bowl is not the way to mix in your butter and seasonings.  The popcorn just slides around.  A large Tupperware bowl worked a lot better.  I added butter and seasoning, and put the popcorn in a freezer bag.  It tasted great after taking it out at another time to enjoy and "test" the freshness. 

Next test will be to see if it travels well (camping, hiking, weekend getaway etc) after taking it out of the freezer. 



Sharing a few more crocheted book blanket granny squares. . . .not in any particular order, as I'm working on "catching up" with this project.



The Leslie Meier book was easy to match, but the other book was a bit of a challenge.  It all depends on the light too, as the green yarn matched the green on the book in daylight here.  The side binder is the burgundy as well as some of the text on the front of the book, but I was not about to buy yarn to do a "perfect" match either.  

The Leslie Meier books are one of my favorite authors to read, and I completely forgot I had them.  They were somehow (gulp) packed into our bedroom closet, so the clean out produced more clean out, ha ha!  There are many more to read in that series too.

The rain returns again later today.  It will be visiting us more often than not the rest of the week too.

Comments

Jeanna said…
Popcorn is one of our favorite treats. I look forward to hearing what you think about it after is has been frozen.
I'm slightly weird - I actually like day old popcorn. We eat it several times a week and never get tired of it.
Leigh said…
Popcorn fan ere too. Interesting about freezing it. I'll give it a try if I ever have room in my freezer!
Jeanna, we froze it once here at home, and it was just as it was fresh. We want to freeze it and take it traveling next.
Debby, that's interesting. I am having fun with the trials here though. We pop ours with a Whirley popper on the stove.
Leigh, I had to laugh about fitting in the freezer. We have really emptied ours over winter, so plenty of space for us.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart