Skip to main content

Travel Tea Infuser Tumbler and Tidbits

 I purchased a travel tumbler with tea infuser.  I randomly chose one based on reviews.  It can become frustrating, when you cannot find one person who drinks herbal teas/medicinal herbal teas.  If we like it, I'll post an update on it. By the way, there are several options to buy one, with several sizes too.

Something new I learned from a book:

-I can brew my herbal tea, cool it, and freeze it in freezer safe vessels.  Pack them for a picnic or travel and it will keep food cold, then thaw for enjoying.  Another perfect idea to travel with your brewed herbal iced tea.

-I once watched an "expert" on a video (maybe youtube, not sure) say brewed teas were only good for 48 hours.  I'm reading in a book that brewed teas, cooled for iced tea, are good for up to 4 days.  Anyone know the actual truth to either of these findings?

I've been busy dehydrating dandelion flowers.  I, apparently, need to dehydrate more.  They shrink up to about nothing when they are completely dry.  First time to dehydrate dandelion flowers (for a future salve and whatever else I decide).

In the past, we have made dandelion flower bread, which is delicious by the way.  It's time consuming, so I have yet to make it this spring.  We do not make dandelion jelly anymore.  We tend to made reduced sugar jams now.  It does make a nice gift for others though.


I've also been working on starting tinctures for the season, using seasonal spring goodies.  

I'm hoping the spring rains will provide us with chickweed, cleavers, plantain, and mullein.


The rain has been continuing, and my boots sunk every step into the garden recently.  I have already had to cut the flower buds off my rhubarb, and boy is the garden saturated.

Comfrey is up nicely, as well as lemon balm, in my new "weed" garden.  No sign of anything else (possibly did not survive the move last year).

The clothesline has been being used in full force, but on days in between the rainfall.  Very thankful to have use of it, and it saves us on our electric bill (which is the highest in the area). Not to mention, that it smells good too.


Time has been getting away from me this month, but I hope to keep you all entertained.   My husband finally sorted a huge pile of his clothing, and the donation pile has increased.  I told my husband the other day, that I do not know how anyone who works full time, has time to do their housework.  I am constantly racing the clock to keep bathrooms cleaned, laundry washed (on the line, back down and folded and put away), homemade meals prepared (not to mention all the dishes), errands, shopping, appts, and the like, all in the mix of it.  I'm working on creating a "schedule" to give myself more grace with free time.  We (ha ha!) shall see if I am successful.


I can say, I'm the queen of sticky notes right now.  Staying on task is happening.  I have also purchased a new devotional that I love.  It's short and to the point, but if I remember, I'll take a photo of it to share. I might have a handiwork update too, but it's been less and less in my days, as the weather is taking us outdoors much more often.


Travel Tea Infuser Tumbler and Tidbits ©  April 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Betsy said…
I know we've drank tea that was four days old and it was fine and tasted normal. I don't do everything that you do in a day, but the time just seems to fly by. It's crazy. We're in the middle of a severe thunderstorm warning right now and I'm truly enjoying the thunder and lightening. We desperately need the rain too. Unfortunately we're not supposed to get much.
Hope your day is a wonderful one.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
I think all teas go "off " after 48 hours.
Betsy, time does fly by for sure. I've been trying to get my herb garden weeded out, and every day housework gets the best of my day. We are getting too much rain. Blessings and hugs back.
Far Side of Fifty, I used to in fuse teas in quart jars, but now I do it in rotation in pints (for medicinal herbal teas). I try to not let it sit after a few days, but I have made spearmint green tea and had it in the fridge for up to 4 days too.
R's Rue said…
If you get free time, enjoy it.
rsrue.blogspot.com
Connie said…
This is all new to me, but I'm on a journal to treat my body with loving care and stay away from modern meds as much as possible. Your posts are very inspiring.
R's Rue, thanks. Free time is very precious for sure.
Connie, I'm glad you are enjoying my blog. I honestly didn't think that many people read it anymore after all these years.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart