Skip to main content

Taste Test ~ Black Bean and Corn Dip

 

As per my last post, I am back to share the taste test on this new recipe (dip).


We decided to add feta cheese to it.  I tasted it prior to adding the cheese, and it was more bland.  The only "flavor" was the red onion in this recipe.  It is healthy, so don't let that stop you from trying it.  It is a healthy appetizer to make or make and take to gatherings.  It's great for a snack or light lunch.

Taste test results?  We love it!  Serve with tortilla chips of your preference.

Recipe is Black Bean and Corn Dip
Recipe is online from:  What Molly Made

I had to buy the fresh red bell pepper, fresh cilantro, and fresh green onions for this recipe, but think how nice it would be to make this in the summer with your garden goodness.



I could not find organic candy canes this season, but after two years of searching, I found this organic candy cane syrup (I love a mint hot mocha/hot chocolate).  It does not expire until spring of 2025, and thank goodness for that.  It is made with organic cane sugar, so it is not sugar free (gulp!).  It's a treat for sure.  I do wish it came in a smaller bottle.  I may have to share with the kids.  I wonder if I could freeze half of this?


I hope your holiday spirit is in a good place this season.  It is very quickly approaching.

Comments

Betsy said…
My Hubby would love that dip but not me. Too many beans in it for me. It's exactly the kind of thing that he likes though.
Blessings,
Betsy
Betsy, it's definitely different, but we do love it.
Elspeth, thanks. I will be doing that. I know I will not be using a lot of it this season.
Leigh said…
Ooo, the candy cane syrup sounds like a wonderful treat. Sugar doesn't go bad so I doubt the syrup will either. I'd probably just store it in the fridge after the holiday.
Leigh, it is made with organic cane sugar, so I may freeze half of it and put the rest in the fridge. Thanks for the idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

New Recipe Tried and other Bits

  I tried a new granola recipe and boy it's good.  First, it's a recipe from Mennonite Girls and Cook, and called "Backpack Snacks" online.  It calls for granola, so I used my homemade granola that we love.  Picture is the dry ingredients. Second, I pressed the final mixture into a 9 x 9, parchment lined baking dish instead of rolling it into balls.  The color of these photos are all different, because of the time of day, and how dark the house was from the thick Canadian smoke that was still outside at the time. These cut very nicely, and were very good, straight from the refrigerator.  It was hard to eat just one of them.  I will be making this again, and switching out the peanuts with walnuts, and switching out the raisins with dates.  Oh my!  The binder is honey and peanut butter. These are perfect for your hiking days, camping, your grandkids, or just for snacks when you want one. The rain arrived thank goodness, and washed the smoke in...