Skip to main content

Taste Test ~ Black Bean and Corn Dip

 

As per my last post, I am back to share the taste test on this new recipe (dip).


We decided to add feta cheese to it.  I tasted it prior to adding the cheese, and it was more bland.  The only "flavor" was the red onion in this recipe.  It is healthy, so don't let that stop you from trying it.  It is a healthy appetizer to make or make and take to gatherings.  It's great for a snack or light lunch.

Taste test results?  We love it!  Serve with tortilla chips of your preference.

Recipe is Black Bean and Corn Dip
Recipe is online from:  What Molly Made

I had to buy the fresh red bell pepper, fresh cilantro, and fresh green onions for this recipe, but think how nice it would be to make this in the summer with your garden goodness.



I could not find organic candy canes this season, but after two years of searching, I found this organic candy cane syrup (I love a mint hot mocha/hot chocolate).  It does not expire until spring of 2025, and thank goodness for that.  It is made with organic cane sugar, so it is not sugar free (gulp!).  It's a treat for sure.  I do wish it came in a smaller bottle.  I may have to share with the kids.  I wonder if I could freeze half of this?


I hope your holiday spirit is in a good place this season.  It is very quickly approaching.

Comments

Betsy said…
My Hubby would love that dip but not me. Too many beans in it for me. It's exactly the kind of thing that he likes though.
Blessings,
Betsy
Betsy, it's definitely different, but we do love it.
Elspeth, thanks. I will be doing that. I know I will not be using a lot of it this season.
Leigh said…
Ooo, the candy cane syrup sounds like a wonderful treat. Sugar doesn't go bad so I doubt the syrup will either. I'd probably just store it in the fridge after the holiday.
Leigh, it is made with organic cane sugar, so I may freeze half of it and put the rest in the fridge. Thanks for the idea.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart