Skip to main content

Finished!

 I finally finished the XL pot holder for us.  In all of the years of crocheting for craft shows, I never once made us one of these.  We now have one.  It's a pattern I created myself, using cotton yarn.  I added a loop on ours.  It's double thick, and fits under a 9 x 13 baking dish, or can be used for a baking pan, pizza pan or any baking ware that is larger.  I also made these for Christmas gifts one year.

A pretty boring post for you today. Oh, I found two more UFO's (more unfinished crochet projects) in a basket, but those were taking apart, and will not be finished.  They were for craft shows, and I'm not doing those anymore.  

Did my crafting bloggers know that JoAnn Fabrics filed chapter 11 bankruptcy?  Not sure if this means they will close any stores, but we are seeing more and more nearby (other) businesses closing this year.

Update on my nettle tea infusions.  I had been making these for me, and specifically for hair/nail health, but there are so many more health benefits for it.  Now, my husband is honing in on my tea and asking for it daily.  It's great for my spring allergies as well.  I am now making two jars of it daily.  It's nice to have an iced tea in the evenings, that does not contain caffeine.

The cold weather is still hanging around.  The chicken's water froze yesterday.  It's that cold.  The wind has been pretty wicked as well.  

We are ready to get the garden tilled, but we are awaiting some warmer weather days.  We woke up to a wind chill of 21 degrees this morning.  Spring?  Not yet.

Finished! © Mar 2024 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

Comments

Katie C. said…
Oh no! Joann’s is the only fabric store near me ��


-Katie C.
Katie C. It's just not good all around for any business right now. My hometown JoAnn's closed years ago, because a Hobby Lobby came in and put them out of business. That Hobby Lobby closed a few years ago too. I have to travel to get to any yarn store now. JoAnn's carries more selections than Hobby Lobby in the way of good yarn too.
Debi said…
Our closest Joann's is an hour's drive away. Walmart carries some fabric and yarn but nothing of good quality and we have a Micheals which has a good selection of good yarn and just started carrying a very limited selection of fabric. We also have a Hobby Lobby but I don't go there often. I've done quite a bit of shopping online but the postage is outrageous. I've got quite a stash of yarn and fabric so I'm determined to make use of that as often as I can. Have a great weekend.
Debi, yes, I too have a good stash of yarn I am working on. I hope to have updates on those projects too. Gardening season will be here before I know it. I'm the same. I visit Hobby Lobby the least. Their yarn selection is terrible anymore.
Jackie said…
I don't think we have any Joann's here in Canada, but if Michael's or Fabricland ever closed I do not know what I would do.

Working on various stashes here as well.

God bless.
Jackie, we have a few Michael's stores, but they too, have very little selection for yarn, and most do not carry any fabric at all. Walmart started carrying fabric and netting, but it's a small selection too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart