Skip to main content

Spiced Nuts - Recipe ~ Buttermilk Pumpkin Einkorn Flour Pancakes ~ Cheesy Baked Pumpkin Pasta with a Twist

 

Just when we think we will have more free time, we don't.  It's been super busy around here.  Most of my recent days have been busy in the kitchen.

I tried a new roasted recipe (see below), but didn't feel it was worth the flavor. 

We prefer this recipe for Spiced Nuts (more variety of flavors):

1 egg white

1 tsp. water

1 Tbsp. maple syrup

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp. salt

1/2 to 1 tsp cayenne pepper, ground

1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp. ground coriander

3 Cups almonds, peanuts, pecans, etc.

(we like almonds, cashews, walnuts and some raw pumpkin seeds)


Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.  I use my rimmed pampered chef stoneware, but you can line a rimmed pan with parchment paper (possibly foil) too.  Coat with non-stick cooking spray.

In a med. bowl beat egg white and sugar until it is frothy.  Add sugar, cinnamon, salt, cayenne pepper, cumin, and coriander.  Beat the mixture until combined.  Add nuts and stir to coat..

Spread the mixture onto your prepared pan.  Bake 20-25 minutes, stirring once or twice.  Once the nuts appear dry, remove from pan and cool.  Store in an airtight container.




The recipe we tired was Chili and Rosemary Roasted Nuts (found online - The Real Food Dietitians).  It calls for fresh rosemary.

The recipe for the pumpkin pancakes are online with Jovial.  Delicious.






The recipe for the pumpkin pasta dish is online with Skinnytaste.  The original recipe calls for bacon.  I didn't want to do that, as I had chicken sausages that needed eaten up.  I cooked the shallot with butter/olive oil, and added the chicken sausages.  We loved this dish. I will be trying it with the bacon next time.  I used green lentil pasta with ours.   The recipe called for 15 oz. of pumpkin puree.  I used my scale to measure my pumpkin puree and it came out about 1 3/4 cups.  The recipe also calls for fresh rosemary, and it tasted delicious in this dish.

I thought about adding some broccoli to the dish as well, but was worried it would make the dish too watery.  Recipe is a keeper.


Comments

Sherry said…
I have never heard of pumpkin pasta. I save the way you did it to give it a try. Have a very blessed day!
Sherry, in the past I have made a pumpkin pasta with sage and other cheeses too. Just search the internet for more recipes.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart