Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Rest and Tea


 Feeling bad I am schlepping myself around with a stuffy nose, and cough, my husband ordered me to "rest."  Ha!  Well I am trying.  It's definitely not hard to do today.  We are getting more rain, which we greatly need, and it looks very stormy outside.  The kind of weather you want to curl up with a book, and light a candle.

I'm living on ginger/lemon tea, doses of mullein tincture and what not.  I normally drink a nettle tea concoction for allergies, but did not get started on that early enough apparently.  The recent smoke haze in the air did not help either.  The air is much better now.

I have been doing a ridiculous amount of internet surfing, working on a color scheme for the next blanket (to use up yarn in my stash).  I guess you can call it a stash.  It is really yarn that was leftover from other projects, which I over bought I believe.  Anyway, the one color scheme I really like, involves (gulp) buying yarn of a color I am out of.  

So...I've been doing more searching for a color scheme of which I already have. So far, nothing is coming to mind.  A large blanket project won't be started on until cooler weather, so I have all summer to work on that.  I still have the other blanket to finish as well.

Anywho, it is hard for me to "not" be busy, but I can write lists, meal plan, read a book, sit and shred paperwork, and do low-energy jobs around here.  It definitely is something I have to teach myself - rest.  Like I said, the rain is helping me with that today.  

The herb garden is springing back to life, other than my green onion.  I am hoping with today's rain it will.  Yesterday I noticed all the seeds I planted are starting to come up thankfully - basil, cilantro, parsley and dill.

Now, to go find an unfinished eye pillow project I started several years ago....it's around here somewhere.


2 comments:

Faith said...

The rain is welcome for sure. I donated some of my stash yarn to the nursing home where my son works. I kept just enough for me for possible another ripple afghan for my other son. It is all stored in one bag.I love the thought of new yarn, but I must have a project in mind. I don't hoard it. I overbuy when I am working on a project to make sure I have enough. Hope you are soon feeling better.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Faith, thanks. I over bought a burgundy yarn when I crocheted a daughter a long sweater. I am trying to find more colors in my totes that will go with it. I don't like the look of pinks with burgundy. I am almost out of all of my grey color too. I have a lot of smaller balls leftover for scrap lapghans, but those are for cooler weather too.