Skip to main content

Foggy and Warm Days

 

Yesterday started with a very foggy morning.  Schools closed because of it.  Go figure, I needed to run errands as well.  I chose to stay in until the fog lifted.  

It's foggy and warmer again today.  It's definitely odd weather for November in our parts.

I had an errand day, so my day went fast, and we met up and visited with Daughter E and her boyfriend.  I didn't get a photo, but we visited with our "grandson" Tiger (the cat).  Oh, he loved on us.  He's not doing well stomach-wise.  She's taking him to the vet for a shot to help with that.  He eats special food, and she can't find it anywhere right now.  Pet food has been hard to get in our area.

My 22-some year old kitchenaid mixer is on the fritz.  I added it to the list, but boy are they expensive right now.  Sheesh.  Everything is expensive.  Anyway, I use it all the time, and my husband even tried to work on it.


Comments

Barbara said…
Aldi has their knock off kitchen aid stand mixer for sale in stores now if you live near an Aldi. Around $75 I think.
Linda said…
Did you ever look on Mercari for a mixer? I found several new ones, still in the box which looked reasonable. Good luck!
Jackie See said…
Same here. Woke up to clouds and wind. Yesterday was beautiful though. My allergies are suffering because I love being outside. Cat food? I have had problems with finding my cats food too. She also has stomach problems and will only eat a certain kind. I went through this during the pandemic, and now again. Last time we almost lost her. Our neighbors are looking for their baby's special formula again. I am not sure why everything is so different now. My grocery budget is not working anymore and we buy most of our food from the growers. My trips for dairy, lunch meat, fruits and fresh veggies are now double the cost.
Shame about your mixer, so annoying when that happens but I guess 22 years isn't too bad!
Barbara, I like Kitchenaid due to the fact you can attach the pasta maker as well. I will see if I can at least go look at one.
Linda, I thought Mercari was in store shopping? I will look again, but we do not have a store anywhere around here.
Jackie See, a lot of what's happening is due to supply and demand and I heard diesel prices will go up, and someone (can't remember who) said they may run out of diesel. BP is still shut down due to that explosion, causing gas prices to remain high. I'm going to see if I can find Tiger's pet food online today. Hope you kitty is well too.
Jill, I think it had a good life for the price (which I am sure was half of today's cost). I'm hoping to see some on sale during the holidays.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart