Skip to main content

Prayer request and other ramblings

The refinery my husband works at had an explosion last night and two (last I was updated) were badly burned.  Please send prayers, although I do not have names.


Update:  The two people died from their injuries.


I have been distraught since we heard about this.  My husband has been working a supervisor position with lots of over time lately.  If you haven't watched the movie Deepwater Horizon, you really should.  Then you would understand why I stay busy when he is at work, to keep the worry bugs away.  

Speaking of busy, I had a special request for a hair clip, so I'm working on that between everything else.  

Daughter K showed up late, but showed up.  Her stuff is out of the living room, and she also helped me out by taking a small table. She always has stories to share and gives us the giggles and shares interesting stories.

Her latest one was saving baby birds.  She literally had to hide them at her work place.  I guess some company came and knocked down all the bird nests, baby birds and all. She scooped them up and called a place to save them.  Knocking the nests down with eggs or birds in them is illegal.  Apparently the company that did this is in being looked into.

She once saved a baby duck at her last employment.  It was randomly running around the parking lot.  I remember her bringing it home in a box.

We got updates on how the dogs are doing.  King is still having seizures.  She said the giant long wiener dog toy I bought a long time ago was finally destroyed.  I guess it's time for us to buy more toys for the grandpups, ha ha!

Well, we got rain all night and will again today, so I won't get to work on pulling the garden stakes today.  Sheesh.  I'm okay with inside work, as it needs done ASAP.  If the rain gives for a while, I will check the bell pepper plants. 


Comments

Vicki said…
Kristina...Ptaying for the souls of the two who died and for their families. And that God wil place a veil of protection over your husband.
It saddens me to hear of the 2 deaths. Prayers for all involved and to their families.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart