Skip to main content

A Day of Sunshine




 Making things easier, I decided on a steel cut oats breakfast (crock pot) recipe.  I had apples and raisins and all the other ingredients needed.   I also made a pan of kamut flake bars for snacking (recipe is online with the Kamut brand).  Once that was checked off the list, housework resumed.


We had a full day of beautiful sunshine.  It felt great to be out in it.  I however, forgot to take my camera.  I did snap a photo of the early sunrise.


I lied about the baby blanket border.  After finishing round 1, I looked at the pattern and saw that it has 4 rounds.  It's been the longest baby blanket project, but will be able to soon say I finished it.  I'm on round 3 right now.  

I'm trying to decide what color of baby blanket to gift our grand-niece.  I have a baby green one done, and a light purple one.  I'll check on what color booties I already have, but I think I depleted the supply (lots of babies this year).

We ran out of leftovers, so it's back to the kitchen in regards to a dinner.   We are also needing to split wood tonight.  I better get my husband's breakfast, lunch and coffee packed.  He needs to leave for work soon.

Comments

Phoebes World said…
I love watching the sunrise...a perfect start to the day.
The blanket is so pretty...and I think I prefer a wider border
Hope you have more energy today x
Thanks Phoebes World, I am on the last round of the border. I will post a picture when it is finally done.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart