Skip to main content

Dehydrating ~ and other tidbits




 I dehydrated more sage and rosemary, and started a sage tincture.


Daughter K did a door dash for her sister.  We sent a lawn chair (fresh air and sunshine), a box of tissues, immune boost vitamins, and a bottle of tea tree oil.  She still has a bad cough and congestion. 

She did a steam inhalation with eucalyptus oil the other day.

I did a check-in with Mom.  I took her a piece of breakfast frittata, some bandages and wound tape.  Her legs are so swollen from water retention (they even upped her meds) that her legs are leaking.  I'm very concerned about it, and may see if her insurance will cover an aide (to put her compression stockings on) and/or for her wound supplies. 

Comments

Vicki said…
Kristina...Please email me at vickimiller63@gmail.com

I have gone through the same kind of thing with my legs that your Mom is going through and I may have some information that could help.

Vicki from 'Mom's Scribbles'
Vicki, thank you so much, I have sent you an email.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart