Skip to main content

Good Vibes ~ Pushing Positivity

 

I saw this at the store and thought, why not give it a try.  I mean it can't hurt to try.  Not sure if it will really elevate my mood and energy, but I could use it.  


Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy Cookies (found on Yogi online).

These are buttery and a hint of citrus flavor.  The tea itself smells amazing.  Great way to use up teabags if they are needing used up.




I also ordered a copy of this book.  I just gave up on the library for now.  I can always pass on one book to make room for this one.  Also giving it a try to lift my spirits.  I'll let you know if it's any good.



Bringing fresh cut flowers indoors helps boost my spirit. So glad I have an abundance to cut from.

Having something "good" to look forward to lifts my spirits.  Tending my seedlings give me something to look forward to - growing the garden.  My thyme has sprouted.

Taking affordable, spontaneous getaway trips has really helped boost our spirits.  We didn't get to go camping at all last year, and hope to this year.




Taking  beautiful photos (or of things that make me smile) boosts my spirits.  I love a good sunrise.



Baking makes me happy.

(chowder before the milk/cheese was added)

Crock pot dinners make me very happy.

Keeping a tidy house keeps me happy too.  It's been hard.  The hallway project is not finished yet and is driving me crazy.  I have now moved everything out from under the kitchen sink to replace the bottom piece in the cupboard.  Seeing all that stuff on the floor drives me nuts too.  I keep a list to try and stay on task, but getaways are needed too.  I'm trying to keep a balance and removing the chaotic feeling when the house needs tidying up.

It's been too much on us in our state, that depression has been taking over many of our friends and family.  I made the mistake of listening to the Governor's briefing yesterday.  He could not answer anything.  Won't change his mind on the "number" we need to be at in "cases" in order to lift restrictions.  He was speaking at Toledo University, and 3 local news people asked the same question about mask mandate because he didn't answer the question. He never did.  One asked if that number is even obtainable because his daughter has an health issue.  Never did answer anything completely.  Just went around them with blabbering. His only answer to any question was more need the vaccine and more mask wearing, and even though he put out numbers that 95% of people are wearing a mask, our state has been increasing in "cases" in a bad way.


 There are days I can barely get thru.  What do you do to stay positive under a lockdown, that feels like it's taken your right to live your life away from you?


Comments

Faith said…
I don't believe any of the # in our state of Ohio. Our elected official flip flops because he doesn't have the answers. He is being told what to do and think by somebody not in the picture. Wasn't the vaccine suppose to put an end to all of this? And they don't want to answer, with the obvious answer... getting out and about is good therapy, we go alot also and get away from all of this nonsense. Believe it or not not watching tv or listening to the drivel helps alot.
barbara faye said…
Everything is bad in Michigan also. Slowly wearing me down
Faye
Faith, I agree that they are fudging numbers. It's getting ridiculous. They said they are going door to door to give vaccines now. Enough is enough already.
Barbra fave, I feel for you. I have family in MI who we haven't seen for over a year now.
Cockeyed Jo said…
This reminds me to post my Mandarin Butter toffee recipe.
Cockeyed Jo, I'll have to look that recipe up on your blog. Sounds delicious.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart