Skip to main content

This and That

I sent an email to Ball canning supplies.  It was pretty much a generic answer.  It listed all the stores they sell them in, which I already checked, and no answer as to when they will have more. They did say they were having a "shortage" so there is that.

I've checked 9 Target store within 50 miles - out of stock.  Same with Kroger, Walmart, and Meijer, Ace Hardware, Menard's, Lehman's Hardware, and other stores.  I'll keep trying.  I see they are selling some regular lids on Amazon, but a box of 12 for almost $14.00.  The mentioned sending supplies to Michael's crafts, but they only sell jars with lids not just lids.

Talked with a friend and she tried to find some in TN while on vacation and an Amish store.  Nada.  Zero.  I also checked while in FL.  Nada.

Extreme clean - magazines are gone.


I sort of went down "memory" lane after coming across a notebook of mine.  My Dad used to ask me if it was "tea time in Tanganyika?" when I was in a frustrated or upset mood.  I took that as my notebook title to jot notes back in the day of freelancing.  Ahhh, what good memory.


My husband is working longer hours, so that means more crochet time before he gets home.  Not sure why, but I started a new project (shaking my head).  I still have a list of on-going projects and things that need restocked.


Dinner the other night.  I started it in the crockpot and boiled the peas and noodles and added last.  Sort of, but not completely, like a chicken alfredo.  The peas are from last year's garden.



Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Such a shame about the canning shortage and so frustrating that they are able to say that there is a shortage but not when they will have more stock. The chicken dish looks delicious and so tasty. A bonus having homegrown peas.
Mother Em said…
Ace Hardware near here, shows they have lids. You want me to try and get some. Wish you were closer, I've got, what I think, gallon canning jars in the basement, I'd give you.

Lady Locust said…
This morning I looked, there were lids w/ rims at our local WM. 2 cases that looked as though they were just placed there. No jars or plain lids.
mamasmercantile, thanks. Every year I say I won't grow shell peas (we never get many during harvast), but I do. They taste so much better.
Mother Em, and Lady Locust, I found a Walmart that showed in store pick only and it was near where my husband worked. I was so tickled, I signed into my Walmart account and guess what? My cart said "out of stock" after I signed in. Sigh. I'll keep checking. Even TSC showed some, but again when I signed in, "out of stock"

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart