Skip to main content

Crafting ~ New Kitchen Project

Not sure if we will get more snow yet today, but we definitely got at least 3 inches yesterday.  Had to shovel out the mailbox (again).  After getting sweet potatoes in a crock pot, and walking 2 miles on the treadmill, I piddle-dinked around with the scraps of wall paper.  I just want this particular project done so I can really resume the purge.  Got one more dish scrubbie crocheted too.




My new switch plates arrived for my kitchen.  USA made.  I just need my handyman husband to replace the receptacles to match the color.  Although, after he saw them he thinks the color of receptacles we have may look okay.  I'll be putting one up to day to see.


There was of course more shoveling of snow to do, so I warmed up with a mug of homemade hot chocolate and a splash of peppermint vodka.

 







 

Comments

Monique G. said…
I love your new switch covers! Where did you find them?
Monique, I found them online - Arnev Products
US made switch plates. And they are beautiful.

I'm going to bookmark that product name.

🌹 🌸 🌺 🌼 🌷
Beside a babbling brook, I just love them.
Debi said…
Those are really pretty switch plates. I've never seen anything like them. We put peppermint schnaaps in our hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream and we call it Antifreeze. It sure does warm you up after digging out from a snowstorm! Have a great weekend!
Carol said…
Those are wonderful switch covers. I will have to look into some if we redo our living room. They would be super cute in our farmhouse.
Cockeyed Jo said…
Nothing like a hot, chocolaty treat after hard work.
Debi, thank you! Your drink sounds good too.
Cockeyed Jo, right? So good.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart