Skip to main content

Progress on Hallway and other Tidbits

 

We have started ripping out the carpet in the hallway.  We started on the lower level due to the baseboard heater.  However, once the carpet was out, we realized the builders put the heater flush with cement, so we'll have to do some cutting that we didn't expect (of the flooring).  Also the tack boards were installed with nails into the cement, so it took a hours to pull them all out.  King says "Hello."  

So far it's been 3 trips to Home Depot.  I know there will be another one, but this morning we will be cutting and splitting wood first.  Then it's back to the hallway if we have time.

We will be replacing the blinds in both large hallway windows as well, so I must add that to my list or it'll be yet another trip to town.  The blinds are broken (just old).  

There was a request for the recipe for Hot Pepper Mustard Sauce.  Here is the recipe link.  I was given this recipe by a family friend's mother who has since passed.  It truly is a good recipe to have.  Makes cooking so simple and delicious.  I have left half the seeds in for a spicier sauce and left them out for a mild sauce.

Comments

Goatldi said…
You are one busy lady!

So glad to see the worm turning for you all. you seem to be extremely positive and marching forward with the termination. Great post looking forward to more!
Goatldi, thank you. I am so happy we are getting this done, and there is much more to update on the house. Feels so good too.
Jackie said…
Updating always does wonders for me. Even a new coat of paint makes me feel as if I have done something wonderful. This spring or summer we plan on replacing the flooring in the dining room and kitchen.

You are moving right along.

God bless.
mamasmercantile said…
Hello King, so nice to see you. You are doing a great job, so much progress.
Jackie, painting is on the to-do list when it is warm enough as well. I love our new hallway, and can't wait until it's done and we move on to the next project.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart