Skip to main content

Tuesday Tidbits

Homemade Hummus

It's amazing how much better I felt Monday morning, after a fun Sunday out of the house.  Got the master bath 75% cleaned (just need to clean shower and tub), did laundry, vacuumed, tended the hens, took trash out to the curb, got the mail, kept the fire stoked, put a roast and veggies in the crock pot, made overnight french toast for this morning, and some good ol' homemade hummus.  Of course there were dishes to wash, but I felt better mentally and physically.

It took most of the day, but I quit just before dinner so I could get "me" time in as well.

Since I didn't write up a menu and post a Happy Homemaker post yesterday, it's being done today.   The menu that is. Hm.  Better check the freezer and pantry and get that done.

Oh, gotta share this tidbit.  So Youngest was not home and had my car, so my husband drove her car to work to check things out and leave me the truck.

Upon arriving home (my husband), I looked out the window to see the hood up.  Not good.  First, he froze his bum off on the 1 hour drive there and back - heater is not working and she never told us.  Second, I see two liquid forms on the driveway - tranny fluid and anti-freeze, and her intake is leaking (and will need replaced before it is drive-able ( is that even a word? ) again.  I just can't make this stuff up.  Ha ha ha ha, he he he he he.............my days of being stuck in are longer now. 

I guess I better find out my other daughter's schedule and snag a car on her day off.  I'm gonna need more craft supplies, some Christmas presents, birthday presents, a few baking supplies, and other supplies.  Mostly, I want to make sure I have craft supplies so I don't lose my flippin' mind.  Oh, the free weights are being moved downstairs today, so I can start working out again (that surely will help).

Speaking of crafting supplies, Katmom asked about the pattern for the crocheted wine bag.  I found it free online.  It's by Forever Hooked Designs, Wine Bottle Cozy/Bag - free printable pattern (Ravelry, but you don't have to sign in to be able to print the pattern).

 

Comments

Wendy said…
I really, really do not understand what you are doing with all your cars. I allways have older cars (present one is 15 yrs) and have the normal stuff done (new tyres, brakes etc and that not every year!). You all must have really bad luck with your cars.
Well Wendy, the girls bought used cars. They are kids. Young adults who can't afford brand new ones. My car, I've had for years. The truck is the newest. We all have to drive 25 minute or more to get anywhere and hubby drives one hour to work and back every day. There is much wear and tear, and he is the mechanic to avoid labor costs. We live out in the boonies. So...with that said, nothing is meant to last forever. Bad luck? Who knows, but to have all the repairs come at once? Yeah, a big headache.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart