Skip to main content

Jalapenos and other tidbits (new recipe tried)


The morning sunrise keeps reminding me winter is coming. It's moving direction way too fast.






The jalapenos are coming to an end.  I made a 4th batch of cowboy candy and I'm selling it.  We will not eat that much, but so thankful for having it for all my canning recipes, to put up in the freezer and use for meals.  I put more in the freezer for winter chili, baking, and other recipes (I use them a lot in my homemade breakfast meals).

Sage made it's way into the dehydrator and I started a tincture for winter.


Fresh Salsa.  Yum.

I took a look at the turnips.  Not large, but not small.  I thinned them out a bit and will leave them in as long as I can to hopefully have a good harvest.

Last night's dinner.  Chicken Tetrazzini (with a twist) using Jovial pasta, and baked bell pepper oven fries with homemade dip (the best ever, and I'm not a fan of panko).  The bell peppers were from the garden.  Recipe for the bell pepper fries can be found online with Delish. You dip in flour, then egg/water, then in panko/garlic/paprika etc.

I'll say it again.  I do NOT like the new blogger.  I'm too tired to figure new things out, and today I could not "revert" to the old blogger.  I am guessing that's why I don't see many posts from anyone anymore.  Maybe I'll post in the afternoons vs. my normal morning hour?  I dunno.  I'm up at 4:37am today.  Couldn't sleep, but have to make some tomatoes disappear.



Comments

mamasmercantile said…
I am not liking the new blogger either. It takes me forever to put a post together uploading photos has become quite the chore. I am not able to revert back either anymore, it is quite the task getting a post done.
mamasmercantile, good then it's not just me. Ugh.
RB said…
The sunrise photos are gorgeous; I love this time of year, and I pray it lasts good and long.
I don't care for Panko either. IMO it never crisps as well as the good old flour, egg, Italian bread crumb mixture. I'm gluten intolerant now, but there are good substitutes I can use to get almost the same results as the old recipe.
I have to be honest. I don't notice a single difference in this blogger and your old one. I wonder if you're not getting many comments simply because people are getting down with this darn pandemic. I even had to call my GP for anti-depressants, and I haven't been on those since 2004, treating the Clinical Depression with herbs instead, but the herbs just stopped working.
If you have their emails, give maybe drop them a line and check on them. One never knows when someone else needs a little help.
The food looks just wonderful, especially the salsa. I like to use salsa on top of salads instead of salad dressing. So good and less calories, I believe.
One year in my older nephew's (35 or so) Christmas present, I wrapped up a purple turnip and gave it to him along, I think with a jumbo bag of M&Ms. I wish I could have seen the look on his face when he opened it, but I had the flu that year and stayed home so they wouldn't get it.
Prayers for a joyful safe weekend for you and yours. Lord only knows how badly we all need it.
God bless you.
RB
<><
Debby Flowers said…
I tried the new blogger before I moved my blog to our new website- did not like it at all! Is there anyone you can complain to?
RB, the story about the turnip made me laugh. oh my.
Debby, there at one time was a place to comment about the new blogger. I sent them my opinion. I guess they don't care.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart