Skip to main content

Corn ~ Tiger ~ Cake and other ramblings

I have gotten 70 cups of corn in the freezer, and have 10 more to get done today.  After that I pass out the remaining ears of corn to my family and friends.



When I start removing the corn off the cob, Tiger comes a runnin'.  He is so funny.  I gave him an ear to chew on and when he left the kitchen I picked it up.  Later he came back and I ignored him.  He got around my leg and was back kicking me and then bit me.  Ha ha!  I gave him another.  





We have our daughter's boyfriend's family coming for dinner tonight, so I baked another zucchini cake.  I will put a glaze on this one before they arrive.

I finally got in touch with Mom.  She is so funny.  Always out and about.  I wanted to ask what she needs for her birthday, but she refuses to let me gift her anything.  If I get more zucchini, I'll be delivering her cake and something else homemade.  She loves homemade/handmade anything.

Today, we un-bury the tomato patch.  It's full of grass.  No big deal, but with the tomatoes turning red, I need the grass out so I don't get ticks on me.  I wear muck boots, but still.

I got an order for 4 of the jar grippers I make.  I need to make 2 of them to get the colors she needs, but I'm thrilled for the sale.

I'm trying to locate organic / non-gmo corn grits.  They are sold out on the site I order from, and Amazon has prices so high it's ridiculous.  If you know where I can find them, please shoot me a comment.

We are all getting through day by day.  Minute by minute.  When I am busy, I am fine, but when I stop I have anxiety and whatnot.  Daughter is having a rough time yet.  I do thank you all for your kind words, good mojo and prayers.

Comments

Goatldi said…
organic non gmo corn grits

In Goggle search bar. A laundry list comes up including Bobs Red Mill but I didn’t check into availability or prices. Good luck .

Funny kitten 😂
Cockeyed Jo said…
"We are all getting through day by day. Minute by minute." That's all anybody else is doing too. And n really bad days, it's second by second. Hang in there/ Luckily it's harvest time and no end to the bust work to keep you occupied.
Goatldi, I think they are out of stock too
Henny Penny said…
I've missed so many posts. I'm sorry. You get so much done! That corn looks so good and will be delicious this winter. I really meant to buy a bushel to freeze but haven't yet. That's funny how your cat likes the corn cobs. We had a little Poodle years ago who loved the cob after we had corn on the cob for supper. He would hold the cob in his mouth and growl if you tried to touch it.
Henny Penny, Jesse loved corn too, but he's no longer with us. Tiger can smell me cutting it off the cob a mile a way, ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart