Skip to main content

What's Cookin'?

We had a high of 77°F, Hubby had to work, so I worked around the house etc.  Even though we took a nice long ride with our motorcycle friends, I logged 20,000 steps on my fitbit.

Here's a few pictures of what's been cookin'.




 Sun dried tomato hummus.  Recipe to come.


Mustard dip for the pretzels.


Whiskey Stix with homemade garlic powder and organic cayenne.


Crock pot chicken and wild rice (no cream sauce) and roasted asparagus with rosemary.  This was a new recipe and very good despite no cream sauce in the rice.  One daughter, who hates mushrooms, ate her entire plate.  The recipe is online at "Today" and is called Slow-Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole.


Easy Broccoli and Cheese Egg Bake
Recipe is online at "It's a Veg World After All" and I just adapted organic ingredients and added garlic powder.  I like to use a large onion with this recipe.  The crunch and flavor from the onion is great together in this recipe..


Comments

mamasmercantile said…
All looks delicious. I like using my crock pot so I am going to look at the recipe for the chicken dish. Looks wonderful.
RB said…
WOW!!! The Broccoli Cheese Egg Bake looks amazing. Does it have a crust? Cause I'm gluten sensitive, so I couldn't have a crust, but I bet it could be done without a crust too, like crustless quiche.
Still sequestered here, but Bro Tom takes me for a ride on his one day off a week. Today we went to NC's Topsail Beach. We didn't get out, just drove there, looked at the sights along the way and the ocean when we got there, then headed home. It was very enjoyable, and I think I'm probably going to sleep good tonight. LOL
Had a telephone appointment with my doctor today. She's at the VA in Durham and they're trying to keep patients away from there except for emergencies. I had taken my blood sugar test, my temp, my blood pressure and pulse earlier and gave her those numbers. She was pleased with them. She's changing my cholesterol med because the Lipitor was giving me aches and pains that I didn't need on top of the others. She's going to try to get me back into VA Ortho for my lumbar problems and right shoulder torn rotator cuff pain later this year, after this COVID 19 settles down for sure.
I asked her if she thought we were all going to get it anyway. She said there was probably a 60-85% chance we would, but like not playing in the road when we were kids, no sense taking unnecessary risks now until they find a cure or vaccine for it.
I also read where the University of PA is working with dogs to see if dogs can be trained to scent out COVID 19 to weed out the asymptomatic people before they infect people. I found that interesting.
Here things are blooming. Noses and eyes are running. And that's that in NC. LOL
Prayers everyone has a great week.
God bless.
RB
<><
You are welcome mamasmercantile
RB, it does not have a crust. It is very good too. I read that about the dogs too. Here's praying that they come up with a solution that does not go against our rights.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart