Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Everything but the "to-do" list


It was breakfast for dinner.


Biscuits were baked for sausage gravy, scrambled farm fresh eggs (thank you chickens), and fried potatoes.  I forgot to see if I had enough apples for fried apples though.




I also cut all the yellow netting up, and got them the strips rolled into balls for future dish scrubbies.  I have a few more colors to cut in strips, so I won't run out of things to do on rainy days (as well as deep clean totes in my closet, which I discovered high school stuff I can clean).  







I finally felt like crafting after I cleaned up some rooms around the house.  Got the last two of these painted with white paint.  More work needs done to finish them.

I think I did everything that was not on my to-do list this week, so I need to get back on track ha ha!



8 comments:

Wildflower Adventures said...

Those biscuits look mouth watering delicious. What is it there that you are crafting?

RB said...

I think a lot of us have been looking here and there for "busy work." I've been trying to get out and walk around the outside of the house to loosen up my knees, but then the monsoons set in. Personally, I like the rain, but it's of little good than for taking naps I guess. LOL
Prayers everyone has a safe holiday weekend. I pray people won't go all wild after being shut in for so long.
God bless you.
RB
<><

mamasmercantile said...

Those biscuits looks delicious and making me feel hungry.

Leigh said...

We had biscuits and sausage gravy for dinner the other day too! But your biscuits turned out prettier than mine. Great idea about the netting scrubbies.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Wildflower Adventures, they are Christmas tree ornaments. I will be posting them when they are done.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

RB, I am so ready to have a bonfire here, but it's raining and well, that means indoor work.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Thanks mamasmercantile

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Leigh, I found that if you cut your biscuits vs. drop them they are very flaky and rise better