Skip to main content

Journaling Bible ~ Porch Message ~ Breakfast ~ Care Package to Mom

Got out my journaling Bible.


Youngest sent us all a porch message using sidewalk chalk.


Breakfast prep the other day - burritos.

After more than 3 weeks, my MRH order finally came.  However, it came minus my stinging nettle, so I'll be checking the barns for it.

We made a trip to town, due to the mower blade needing replaced (which we forgot to bring with us).  We, at a safe distance, paid Mom a yard visit and dropped her off some groceries and necessities.  By necessities I mean wine.  She told us if she ran out she was "leaving her house."  We were not having any of that happening.  Nope.  We even scored toilet paper for her and us.  We looked like a gang with our masks on.  Mom was so happy to see real faces and talk to real people. I had gotten text messages prior to doing this and she sounded so depressed and crying.  I'm glad we made her day much better.  It was a drive for us, so we didn't get anything done at home, but if I can say I did something, it was take care of my mother.

Update on the "case" of the virus at Hubby's work.  He tracked down the person, and it was one who is habitual at finding an excuse to not work for months on end.  He told Hubby he had a sinus infection, which is why he had a fever, but they treated him as a virus case (without testing) suited him up in a hazmat suit and sent him home.  That's the problem now.  How are the numbers even showing true facts when they mark any illness (without testing) as the virus?

Our county is stating 49 "cases" but they are not testing all those "cases" either.  They stated "probable" and this is making a lot of shake our heads.

Once again, we woke up around 4am.  We are just now trying to pick items off our to-do list considering it's 30-some degrees out right now.  

Oh, one new tidbit - after shelling out $300 for Jesse's vet bill (which I felt was much lower than we expected), we had to shell out another $250 (much more than expected) to an emergency vet last night for Jasper (20 year-old daughter's cat).  He apparently has an inflamed bladder due to stress from moving.  He's now on meds.

Getting the new mower blade is back on the to-do list.  I guess our brains are not remembering stuff correctly right now.  If we can find someone open anyway.

One last note.  One of the cats that most likely were dropped here is pregnant.  We will be making calls to see if any animal control can pick her up before she has them.  I'm already feeding 3 cats right now, and another stray that hasn't left (we had 3 strays, now down to 2).

Comments

wyomingheart said…
Whew!,, you have been very busy! Happy Easter! Glad you made your Moms day! She really needed that! Stay safe, and healthy!
wyomingheart, so was so happy to see us in person and talk to a real person, that she cried. I told her if she cries when we visit, I won't bring her wine ha ha!
mamasmercantile said…
I am thrilled that you were able to see your Mum even for a short while. I have been working in my bible and journal too. Lovely message from your son. Take care and stay safe.
Thanks mamasmercantile. I plan to take lawn chairs next visit and tell her to set up a chair in her garage or sit on her steps for a longer visit.
RB said…
Glad you got to see your Mom. Some people here are visiting their elders through their windows, leaving cards and children's drawings to cheer them up. I even saw one that had a small Easter basket duct taped to an Assisted Living home window that had plastic Easter eggs in them. So sweet. We just have to do what we have to do. All else is going to have to wait.
Praying for safety for those who are ill, for those tending to them, for those in military service, for city workers, police, firefighters, EMT workers, grocery workers and truckers, and all else that are in need of safety. Lord, lift this scourge from us, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart