Skip to main content

....from the Gratitude Journal

Today I am thankful for . . .

-eggs from the chickens
-greens to blanch and freeze
-yarn
-having 6 acres and plenty of space to get fresh air
-wood to cut
-Romeo, he's become a wonderful guard dog
-coffee
-books
-the internet
-pen and paper
-music
-my family
-my dehydrator
-my blog friends
-wild, medicinal weeds



Comments

Carol said…
Those are such wonderful things to be grateful for. I believe many of us can count some of those as blessings these days. I am glad you are sharing yours. You should link up to my Sunday Blessing Meme. I write it each week.
Sam I Am...... said…
At this time especially we have to reflect on those things. Stay well and give Romeo a hug for me. He's such a cutie!
Thanks Carol, I'll have to take a look
Rain said…
Kristina, there is so much to be grateful for isn't there? I prefer to focus on gratitude over mass panic and media sensation. Romeo is a good dog I'm sure, I'm most grateful for the health and happiness of our pets. I'm missing greens lately! But surprisingly my basil plant is still alive, go figure!
RB said…
Nice to see an uplifting blog like this. With so much on tv the same news over and over again, and not good at all, I turned on the Syrias (sp?) channel 959 which is 50s/60s music in our area and listened to it when I wasn't on the computer or watching tv, and of course, I sang along to the songs I remember the words too. It was fun, for a change.
Several ill in our county. I'm staying home mostly. Bro Tom has to go to work because he works part-time at an Assisted Living home for old folks and also at a grocery store, and both need tended to. He had a long day today, but they were grateful because they got a huge truck of supplies in for the store and the town has been running so low except for that one store where he works. The other major chain hasn't had much for days, so people were getting anxious.
Never seen anything like this in all my 72 years, but have heard of the influenza epidemic of 1918 which took one of our Grandmother's young sons.
We just need to knuckle down and obey the CDC. That's the best we can do.
And pray for one another, diligently.
Dear Lord, raise this scourge from us as only You can, in Christ Jesus name. AMEN!!!
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, agreed. I got tired of all the negative stuff on the TV and wanted to post something positive. Yes, praying for our country.
Rain, Romeo barked at county workers yesterday for hours. He's a good dog for sure. My basil is doing great too, and I plan to dehydrate some of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart