Skip to main content

Behind ~ Gratitude

I realized I am behind on most everything, including homemade Christmas gifts.  I need to get cracking on this.

I am writing a to-do list for Hubby.  We need to get cracking on cutting wood, getting the air conditioners put to bed, and he needs to look at my dishwasher.  If it's not fixable, I'm considering taking it out and putting in another cupboard.  I don't want to invest in another one, especially with the holidays coming.  Hopefully it's an easy fix.

The rain fell all day yesterday, temps dropped and snow was predicted.  I don't even have the rest of the potatoes dug up (if there are any out there).


Today I am thankful for . . . 

Dirty Dishes  -  a well fed family
Sore muscles -  I'm alive
- hot coffee in the early 5am hour
- running water, running hot water for that power shower
- warm cozy slippers and slipper socks
- trees to cut and split
- my journals, I love to write



Comments

Mama Pea said…
I smiled when I read that you're thankful for dirty dishes. Doing the dishes (no automatic dish washer here) is my least favorite household task but each time I start to grumble about having so many to do, I truly am thankful for having enough food and the ability to cook with the dishes and the lovely hot running water to use!
Faith said…
I'm back to the manual dishwasher ME! They make junk. It doesn't last. I've had 3 dishwashers. No more. I wash as I go. It's not a big deal anymore. I guess the novelty just wore off. Hand washing, warms you up in the wintertime, and gives you "thinking time".
Sam I Am...... said…
You and me both! There was gal that blogged this morning and told us it's only 54 days until Christmas? Yikes Batman! We had both better get a move on! LOL!
Rain said…
Time is flying...our Thanksgiving is done, now Halloween, so I'm going to be concentration on the Yuletide holidays! Oh I'm grateful for running hot water too this morning as the winds keep shutting the power off and on.
Thanks Mama Pea. Glad I could give you a smile today.
Faith, you are so right about how they build them anymore. It's expensive to keep replacing them.
Sam I Am, I sure hope this weekend has good weather.
Rain, our wind was pretty wicked last night too. Now the sun is out, but cold.
Pat said…
This gave me things to think on and be thankful for.
Thanks Pat, it's been too long since I posted a gratitude post. Glad you all are enjoying it.
Luludou said…
I think it's a good idea to write a thankfor for list - it puts things back in their right place
It sure does, doesn't it Luludou

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart