Skip to main content

Barter ~ This and That

I finally met Hubby's cousin "C" and she bartered with me - tomatoes for me and strawberry margarita jam for her.  She is a hoot too.  We are planning a meet and greet meal soon to meet more family members.  First up?  Tomato sauce.  If I have more after that, tomato soup or crushed tomatoes maybe.  I guess I'll find out when I weigh them.

I also bartered with our 20 year-old daughter.  She came out yesterday to help me do more cleaning and picking up, and she got strawberry margarita jam and lunch. 


Organic grilled cheese sandwiches and organic tomato soup with a dab of organic butter.  I miss my home canned tomato soup. 

We got the living room back in order, some carpets vacuumed, master bath completely cleaned but the shower and tub (it's an overly big bathroom) and wood work still needs wiped down, finished the laundry, picked up stuff in the bedroom (oh my, craft stuff everywhere, which was still everywhere because we ran out of time), and swept and mopped the master bath.  So happy to have her help too.  Romeo loves her visits too.

We got rain, so laundry was put on drying racks yesterday.  It was much cooler too.

I ordered our traditional Christmas Eve pajamas.  I waited too late last year, and paid the price.  I got them at great prices and the colors and styles I wanted.  So glad I remembered.




I had to make a run to the store for vinegar to make another container of homemade lysol wipes, so I stopped at the dollar store and picked up these kitchen towels.  I got a few other fall designs too.  Just $1/ea.

I'm on the hunt for book sales now.  I want to buy 25 books for the grand kids for a countdown.  We'll see if I make it happen.  I have over a month to do that.

Comments

Rain said…
Hi Kristina :) Oh gosh those tea towels are so cute! And great bartering!! I fear I'm going to run out of canned tomatoes, and I processed 80 pounds of them in August, we're going through them fast.
Rain, I was tickled pink when she sent me a message and then showed up delivering them too.
Rebecca Knox said…
Kristina, please check your messages. YOU are the winner of my giveaway! Congratulations! <3
Mama Pea said…
Not that your bartering partner won't enjoy what she got out of the deal, but all those lovely tomatoes for you! Bring on the canned tomato products . . . wha-hoo!

Great shopping at the dollar store. Cute towels, for sure.

P.S. I'd work for lunch at your house any day!
Mama Pea, I was tickled pink about the tomatoes and she delivered them too. She isn't that close to us either. Had to laugh about cleaning for me. I'd love the help lol!
Oh thank you Rebecca! I just sent you my info

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart