Skip to main content

Finished!

March snuck in on me.  They say more snow is coming too.  I've been off the cyberspace world for a few days.

Cherry Bell radish pods are all seeded.  I have about half of the french breakfast done now too.


Hubby and I put another dent in the barn debris.  Although it's cold, we got a truck load cut.
  



I also found this barn debris treasure.   It's a 1921 license plate.  Does anyone know the safest and best way to clean it up?  Then again I could donate it to a car museum.  I actually found a second one too.




I have completed all 12 panels for the flower baby blanket. The container is now empty.  Assembly has started.

Hubby and I delivered a load to the thrift.  I'm slowly gaining my garage back.  There is much more to go through and sort that belongs to the kids.  Out it goes...

Deep cleaning continues.  

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
Love the baby blanket, a real delight.
mamasmercantile, thank you.
Mary said…
I found this on cleaning old license plates http://www.andrewturnbull.net/plates/cleaning.html
Sam I Am...... said…
The baby blanket is so sweet! Is it for the market or a gift? Good for you with the barn clearing. I found a bunch of old license plates in my outbuildings and I just washed them or ran them through the dishwasher. I had them hung on my living room wall...I have quite a few but have not hung them up here. Yes, DEEP cleaning here as well!
Sam I am, the blanket is for my own personal use when grandkids arrive. It was too much work to give away, and there is much more work to do to finish it yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart