Skip to main content

Breakfast Quesadillas

I'm thinking of warmer days ahead this morning.

I'm taking these for a camping breakfast this year - Breakfast Quesadillas.

You can make the eggs before you go - scrambled.  You can cook the onions and green bell peppers (with "fire it up" herb/spice mix).  You can cook you bacon ahead and crumble it.  You can make the tortillas ahead and take them.  Just assemble with some shredded cheese and heat in a skillet.  Yum.  Hubby liked his with sour cream and salsa.  

You can make these with just about any ingredient.  I love this idea, and I have no idea why I haven't made them for breakfast.  Easy, quick, and easy to transport for camping too.

Next time, I will make my tortillas larger, so I can fold them over to make our quesadillas.

Comments

Susan said…
Looks delicious!
Thanks Susan, it was very good. I bet they could be made for dessert too, with homemade apple pie filling or something else too.
mamasmercantile said…
They do indeed look delicious, I love the idea of having them as a desert to, yummy!
Yum, this looks delicious. I will try this. B
Mama Pea said…
Such a good breakfast idea! Must remember.
Buttons, it was very good.
Mama Pea, it's very good. I will make them again too.
Leigh said…
Looks like a great idea for lunch too!
Leigh, we've made them for lunch with chicken, or chutney and cheese before. They were very good.

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart