Skip to main content

The Good ~ The Bad


The Bad: I spilled honey all down the front of my bathrobe.
The Good: My bathrobe got an early spring washing.

The Good:  We are eating a lot more pumpkin and squash this winter (thank you Garden!)
The Bad:  I haven't eaten a fresh lettuce salad in months.



(cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, snap peas, onion, carrots were added last)

The Good:  All of this delicous-ness came from my garden - Chicken Teriyaki was made
.
Homemade teriyaki sauce was made.  This stuff is amazing.  I make our teriyaki dinner vegetarian style, by cooking the organic chicken on the side.  I scoop down into the sauce, and get the garlic bits and cook a few spoonfuls over the chicken. Mmm.  So good.  I make a non-gmo wild rice for the dish too.

The Bad:  We have zero bell peppers in the freezer. No peppers made it into the dinner.


Image may contain: text

The Bad:  My car broke down on my daughter on her way to work Thursday, and she had to return home within less than a mile.  We couldn't figure out what was making the noise. Thankfully, she made it home safely.

The Good:  A family friend (saved our bums twice now with repairs) came to the house, took the right front tire off and found the caliper came off and bolts had worked their way loose and fixed my car.  It will only cost us to take him out for dinner to thank him.  Or make a homemade dinner here. 


The Good:  Dogs are getting along most of the time with Grand-pup here.


The Bad:  King knows how to tell time, and this is his 3:00pm stare down telling me to feed him, when we are trying to make a compromise with Grand-pup's dinner time.  He hates to wait another hour and a half.  It's much easier to feed them all at the same time.


The Good:  There is still talk of the February craft show happening. It is driving me nuts that they haven't given me a date yet.  I found $7 and a lost crochet hook while doing a small deep clean area.

The Bad:  I'm not getting enough done around here due to the crocheting I'm doing, to prep for it. I need to finish up deep cleaning jobs, organize and be ready for planting season.  

Comments

mamasmercantile said…
What a handsome dog, he has such a beautiful face. Good news about the car, car repairs can be a nightmare.
mamasmercantile, I was so stressed that day, considering we just went through several expensive repairs (and that's with just buying parts, as my Hubby and family friends usually can do the repairs).
Henny Penny said…
I'm almost afraid to post a comment...I looked like such an idiot the last time. :) Your foods always looks healthy, and good! I like the car sign, That's about the truth!
Rain said…
Oh how I miss lettuce!!! That Car Repair chart is funny but scary lol...glad it all went well! Oh, when I drop stuff on my robe, I just call the dogs over to clean me up lol! ;)
Henny Penny, your comments are very welcome. Yes, the sign is pretty accurate, ha ha!
Rain, we are already talking about what lettuce to plant this spring.
Sam I Am...... said…
Glad your daughter got home safe and that you have a friend that could help you out....'angels among us"! Teriyaki sounds good. I haven't had that in ages. I feel the same way...so many things i want to get done. Good luck with all of them!
Sam I Am, my vegetarian daughter was eating rice and noodles, so I am teaching her how to cook fresh veggies and make homemade teriyaki sauce. She wants the recipe for when she moves out, it's that good (and much healthier than store bought sauce). It was very nice to have the car repair help. We are out in the boonies too, and no one likes to drive that far to help.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart