Skip to main content

Friday's Finish and One Liners



I finished the purple baby blanket.  I thought I only had one row of diamonds to crochet, but had 2 rows.


 Thank you so much Susan for helping me find the yarn.  It'll be priced for sale today (hopefully).



Current library loot.


Current burrito fillers - pinto beans with onion, millet with swiss chard and green onion, and homemade sausage (and eggs of course).

Rain returned, and I used my dryer for the very first time since last winter.


 Deep clean project completed - night stand.



Possible winter time project for me.




Said good-bye to a few magazines.


Cute idea for a large Thanksgiving gathering.

 Why no one is allowed over that is a tiny bit sick (one of 5 bills so far from last illness).


Comments

mamasmercantile said…
My goodness what a large amount to pay for a medical bill. That in itself would make me ill. Love the idea for cutlery holders, a nice way to be thankful.
Sam I Am...... said…
Love that baby blanket and the color is gorgeous...I'm not even a purple gal but that shade is really pretty especially with the white edging. Where do you sell them and how do you figure out how much to charge?
Good for you! I got my dryer fixed and it has really freed up my time to get other things done around here. I finally realized I can't get my priorities done if I spend all my time doing things that my machinery or other tools could do for me or at least make it easier on me. YOur books all look interesting.
mamasmercantile, it is a large bill, but not nearly as large as the ones I received from winter of 2016. I'm still paying them. Ugh. The medical world today is making billions off sick people. And we have insurance too.
Thanks Sam I Am, I am still trying to price the blanket yet today. The last one I sold went for $75.00. Labor can make the price too high, and most won't buy. I sell at the Farmer's Market (this year we didn't so I am saving up for next season), but this year I'm opening an Etsy store unless I can find a consignment store locally. Yeah, it was due time to remove some lint from my laundry, so all went into the dryer. It was the first time in a year, but I'm back to using the clothesline again. The sun came out after two dreary, rainy days.
Rain said…
Oh gosh those hospital bills are crazy. I'm happy for medicare here, but still, the services generally suck.
Rain, I had to listen to my daughter complain about her dental bills, so I showed her that one single bill I got. Yeah, the cost is ruining the budget.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart