Skip to main content

Dry Sherry Roasted Pumpkin Seeds ~ Garden Goodies



The last pumpkin seeds I roasted, I did a bit differently.  I made dry sherry roasted pumpkin seeds.  I used the whiskey-bacon recipe, but swapped out the whiskey for dry sherry.  I took them out of the oven about 10 minutes earlier, and they are better than the whiskey roasted ones.  Crispier too.  Hubby loves them over all the ones we have tried this season. By the way, all of the roasted pumpkin seeds have been eaten.  Hubby wants more, ha ha!  I hate to tell him, the pumpkins are all roasted, and I would have to buy them (and it's a bit late to find them anywhere now).


The garden still provides.  However, the hot peppers plants need pulled.  We enjoyed these raspberries for a snack and over waffles.

It's a busy week, so posts may be short (or packed with updates or sporadic). I'll do my best to keep up with reading your blogs too.  It was too wet to work in the garden yesterday, and very well may be the same situation today.  It was too cold to enjoy the porch, however we are warming up just a bit this week.  

Glady bulbs were all dug up and brought in for the winter, and I brought in three geraniums.  I took down the hanging pots, but need to put them in storage. I got three herbs re-potted (two outside, and one inside), and ready to bring inside soon.  I'm getting them acclimated to a pot before bringing indoors for winter.  The mucking of the coop is being delegated today.  I'm glad to have the help.

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
I know what you mean...this time of year is very busy and it's hard to find time to blog and read blogs...I'm finding the same problem but we have all winter to catch up, I guess! LOL! You go girl!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart