Skip to main content

Visiting Blog Drafts ~ Homemade Facial Toner

I am going through old blog drafts that didn't make the cut for some reason or another.  I found this one from May of last year.  It's sort of funny too.  

Check out the magazine recipe to the left!  It's the nettle hair tonic I made recently (only without essential oils), only this recipe states to leave the tea in and not rinse it out.  Although it's been about two weeks, I'll be leaving it in my hair from now on.

The rest of this is a draft from last year:



I've been experimenting even more with organic body care recipes, and have been using one for a facial toner (age fighting).  The kids prefer to keep it simple, such as blending up an organic tomato and cucumber.




You use it once a week.  I started using it February 10th, and so far, the results are positive.


The recipe I tried is from Heirloom Gardener magazine.

Comments

Rain said…
I haven't gotten to a place yet where I make my own hair tonics or even my own soaps and stuff like that. But that is something I'd be interested in for the future, especially when I read about the good results!
Rain, for five years, my one daughter made goat's milk soap (when we had dairy goats), and I just pick my nettle wild.
Tracy said…
Interesting stuff - do you not use oils for a reason? Sorry, new here :)
Tracy, the hair tonic I actually made includes essential oil. This recipe does not. I think both nettle and peppermint (and other oils) essential oils promote hair growth. I was rinsing it out after 5-10 minutes. I'll be leaving it in now to see if that works better. I use essential oils for lots of things.
Tracy said…
I've just ordered tea tree, eucalyptus and lavender so I'll go through your blog and see what you use them for - exciting times :) thank you
Tracy I have used all three of those often. The tea tree and lavender just went into my grout cleaner. Lots and lots of ways to use them all.
Sam I Am...... said…
My skin is dry so all I use is organic soap then organic olive oil afterwards. There is nothing that will stop you from aging! LOL! I was aging fairly well until I got my illnesses and then I aged really fast! But I am feeling great and healthy now and I have pretty much always accepted myself as is. I've never been one for trying to be something I'm not especially at 68.....like young! LOL! I think genes tell the story.
RB said…
Very interesting. I have very little trouble with my hair or skin. People often think I'm 20 years younger than I am; I'll be 70 next month. I do have a big problem with dry skin though. No matter what I put on it gets absorbed within seconds and needs reapplied over and over again.
Prayers everyone's having a great week.
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart