Skip to main content

Garden ~ List Making ~ Car Repairs

I put on my big girl panties and just pushed through the sinus headache and sore throat I had.  I planted carrots, beets, french breakfast radishes, and cherry belle radishes.  Watered everything with rain barrel water, and the rain is once again in the forecast for the weekend.

I am making a new "rainy day" list for this weekend.  I plan on getting more deep cleaning done.  I have also left my "office" area a mess.  It's "messy house" time of year if you grow a garden (for me anyway).  I have papers to file, library books to at least look through and return, a table to clear off, and the walnuts are lurking....
 


My tomatoes look great.  Hubby had his doubts.  The last time we grew plants from seeds (we used a front room  window) the plants didn't grow tall nor produce well.  Also, my cats kept eating them.
I have a few lavender sprouts that look iffy.  It's my first time growing the seeds for lavender indoors, and they are so delicate right now. 

My peppers are up and look good.  I didn't plant enough, nor any hot peppers, so that will be on the buy list.  If this all works out, I'll invest in a shelving unit (easy to install and tear down) for many trays for this window.  I can lock animals out, and so far simply daylight is working out nicely.

I'm trying to get as much of my outdoor work done, but golly the time goes so darn fast.  

Now...if I can get someone's vehicle so I can return my books to the library.  Daughter's car needs a second new engine.  The first one had a bad timing chain (I think that's what Hubby said), so the guy is returning it for another one.  The other not-so-good news? The guy we hired may be needing to get a heart surgery.  He said he'd call us yesterday, and has not. 

It's a new day!  Make it amazing!  

I just strained last night's tea infusion, so I know I will have one healthy tea to sip today.  I'll hope to have hair tonic updates in about 3 more weeks. 

Comments

Sam I Am...... said…
Good for you on the seedlings! I put plants on my list....I can't find my seeds but I know they're here somewhere! Moving stuff to and from porch has messed with my organized mess! LOL! Roof guys are coming today and I will mow after grass dries out...it's really wet out there this morning.
Yes, time does go fast...I feel as I get older it's like a tape that's rewinding and going faster as it nears the end! LOL! I hope you feel better and can 'power through' again today!
Rain said…
Jeepers, a second engine??? Sometimes I wish I could just go back to horse and buggy...honestly. If it's not one thing it's another. My car is doing a weird Rmmmmm Rmmmmm RMMMMMMMMMMMMM when I hit the gas...I have no idea. At this point (and I know it's terrible) I am pretending it's nothing. I just don't have the money!
Your seedlings look great Kristina! I know what you mean about time flying. I feel the same way and my house is in "messy time" right now too!
PS I ordered arnica cream today, keep your fingers crossed for me since I can't currently cross my own lol...
Mama Pea said…
You get more done of a day when you're sick than the rest of us can accomplish feeling great! Hope you shake whatever bug is bugging you soon.
Rain, Arnica is one plant I plan to grow this summer. I just have to find the right seed source. I used to have to do hot wax treatments on my hands, and haven't had to do that for a while. Yes, we are greatly anticipating daughter getting her car repaired. It's been weeks now.
Mama Pea, I'm working on it. I tried to take it easy yesterday, and only picked up tree debris for a short time.
RB said…
I planted lavender in a pot outside a few years ago. The first year, red petunias grew in the pot instead(???) The next year, I gave in and planted petunias in the pot, and lavender sprouted instead (again???) and has been growing in it ever since. Sometimes I think the Garden Fairy likes to play tricks on me. Anyway, it seems to be winter hardy, because we haven't been taking that pot in from year to year although I do harvest the lavender primarily for baths and bedding.
The rain here finally stopped. We got about 5" in 36 hours. Other areas nearby got 7-10" and areas south of us are experiencing flooding now because the rain that fell upstream is flowing downstream.
One woman lost her life when she drove around barricades into a swollen creek.
Prayers everyone's having a great week, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><
RB, that is really sad about the woman. That year we got flooded out, all of my lavender plants died. I had to buy new seeds. Last year, I tried to direct sow them outside, and they didn't grow. Trying it from indoor starters this year. It's too cold yet to put seeds in the ground for herbs or flowers. It will get chilly again next week.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart