Skip to main content

Ma's Little House Shawl


I originally posted this back on May 10, 2013 on this blog. Blogger won't allow me to link this post back to my old post, and I want to share the pattern. Evidently, it's becoming quite popular on Pinterest.


I continue to receive emails asking for the pattern, so here it is:


As you can see the pattern has been around for a while.

Enjoy and crochet away!

Comments

Connie said…
I have that shawl, only mine is white. I wear it all the time, even over my pajamas at night when watching TV. It is so cozy and warm . . . not to mention it's pretty, too:)
carol fun said…
Thanks for the pattern... I have some lovely variagated yarn that would be perfect for this!
Connie, I would love to make another one in white. It is cozy for sure.
Carol fun, that sounds pretty too. Enjoy!
Sam I Am...... said…
I can't believe how many posts of yours I've missed...shame on me! I love the shawl and I love to crochet so I will be making this for sure! i may get yarn today as I am going to Wally World! LOL!
Sam I Am, I have been pretty regular at posting, because I can write while I get the wood stove going (before I start my day). I plan on making a second shawl. I'm just not sure what color yet.
Faith said…
Who doesn't love Little House..? The shawl is lovely. I am working on something which I saw on LHOP, almost done, it is 95% completed. Like your blog very much, and am following.
Thanks for stopping in Faith, and welcome to my blog. Thanks for the compliment.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart