Skip to main content

The Scarf of Many Colors

Dolly Parton had a coat of many colors.  I now have a scarf of many colors.  

I need another project, like a need a hole in my head.

However.

I've wanted to learn the corner to corner (C2C) crochet stitch, and I'm using up leftover, leftover yarn.

While I'm crocheting the scrap blanket, there are small balls of yarn.  That would be the "leftover, leftover" yarn balls.  They are too small to even make one row across the blanket, so they are in a basket.

My inner, "you can't store that anymore" and "can't waste it mode" (again) kept poking at me.


So I started this.  along with the scrap blanket I'm currently continuing to work on.  Okay, I know.  I still have unfinished  projects in my closet.
 



There are even smaller balls of yarn leftover from this project, so they are being stored in zip bag, and will be donated to the school, for art projects the kids do there.

The scarf was finished just in time for cold weather (again).  The blanket is another story.  It's still chugging along.  You can find instructions for crocheting corner to corner projects online for free.  Also writtten as C2C stitch.  

Enjoy!  This is the first new crochet stitch to learn this year!  

Comments

Mama Pea said…
Talk about using up what you have and not wasting anything! I don't think I've ever seen that crocheting stitch . . . very, very attractive. Who knew one could ever have so many small pieces of yarn to make into a beautiful, colorful scarf like that? Kudos to you, crafty lady that you are! Lovely, just lovely.
Granny_J said…
I love the scarf. It's so colorful. I have a basket full of all sizes of balls of yarn leftover from projects from the past 20 years. Now I know what I'll be making for Christmas gifts next year. Thanks for the idea.
Kim said…
Very pretty and just in time for snow!
Mama Pea, they started publishing that stitch making square blankets, but then I saw a scarf pattern. The pattern is very easy too.
Granny J, I'm so glad I could give you the idea of a Christmas present. I tend to store up the balls leftover, and the last few years, I've been working them into useful things. Thank you and enjoy!
Susan said…
I LOVE that scarf! It reminded me that I planned to learn to crochet this winter. In my spare time. Ha.
Sandra said…
Very pretty!
I was just wondering what to do with my leftover yarn skeins.
Susan, for years I keep telling myself I'll learn to knit socks, and I haven't. Ha!
Sandra, the stitch is very easy.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart