Skip to main content

...from the handiwork journal

Now that it's cold out, handiwork needs to resume.  I made these crocheted hand towels back in March of 2015.  they are still looking good.  Other than a bit of faded color, they are holding together nicely and work very well for bathroom hand towels.


I have just a bit more of this yarn to make myself a few more, so that's now in a "to-go" project bag. Trust me, I have very, very little handiwork time right now, and when I do, I am too tired to do it, ha ha!




I'll be back to working on the scrap blanket too.  When the mood strikes.  I need to find the pattern again too.  It should have been in the basket, but it's not.  Oye.


Dishcloths are getting worked on.  This one has been on the needles too long.  I'm trying to re-stock for an upcoming craft show (maybe in the spring or next fall), so I can help pay for our 19 year-old's college costs.  I'm looking into some other patterns as well. 


I painted these barn signs for the master bath.   I just need Hubby and his time and saw, to create a barn wood shelf to go under one of them.  I had to use the non-red painted side for one sign, but to be honest, it turned out great.  Stencils were used for these.


I painted these two as well, and I am thinking about creating a stencil for a chicken or something else to fill in the sides of the first sign perhaps. Not sure. We have no plans to do anything with the big barn as of right now.  We just had these boards cut a  year ago, and it was a project that needed off of the list.

Lastly, I started another slouchy hat, and actually finished it last night.  I still need to sew in the ends.
 






Comments

Mama Pea said…
Good to see you finding time for at least some handwork. I'm sure it feels good to you, too, to have your fingers in yarn rather than tomatoes!
Mama Pea, you wouldn't believe it, but when I pulled those last tomato plants recently, there were tomatoes on some. I just tossed them in the pasture (yikes!) Hubby said, "What? You didn't bring them in?" of course laughing.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart