Skip to main content

Hot Banana Pepper Mustard Sauce

My restocking mode is really kicking into full drive here.  I got one kiddo to cut up my hot peppers, so I could zip up to the "big city" and drop off a motorcycle tire.  We wore it out already and we needed a "tune up" and new back tire.
When I got back home, the peppers were ready for me.


 I actually weighed my 36 peppers and they weighed bout 2 1/2 pounds.  

Since I gave you all too long of a blog post yesterday, today's is super short, ha ha!  The first batch of mustard sauce has been made.  Whew! I took the photo when it was still bubbly hot, and right out of the canner pot.  8 pints of goodness.

Recipe is posted here:  Pepper Mustard Sauce 

Comments

Susan said…
I broke into a sweat just looking at those jars!
Kim said…
Yumm-O! Do we get a recipe?
mommar6 said…
I was so excited to see your recipe because someone was just telling me about using peppers this way. No recipe? :-(
Mama Pea said…
Doesn't it give you the best feeling to see those pantry shelves becoming restocked?! (I think that's what keeps us going through these too busy times!)
RB said…
Our Mother and Maternal Grandparents (Hungarians) loved hot banana peppers so our Dad planted it for them every year. One year he planted the row of banana peppers right next to the row of sweet green peppers, and through some magic of nature, the banana peppers ended up sweetish and the sweet green peppers ended up hotish, and no one seemed to notice until our youngest brother who was about 2 or 3 at the time, picked a banana pepper and was eating it. When Dad noticed, he asked Tom if it wasn't hot, and the boy said no, so Mom took a taste, and it wasn't.
(Now I don't rightly remember if we were actually allowed to pick and eat from the garden between meals, but I know we did it - often. LOL)
Hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend, and a safe one too.
God bless.
RB
<><
Susan, we love it. Even the kids do.
Kim and Mommar6, I updated the post and added the blogpost link for it. Since I started making it, I have been canning in pint vs. quart.
Mama Pea, after last year, and getting zero from the garden, I am so excited to "fill up" again.
RB, one year, early on, we did the same. We realized our hot peppers were not hot due to planting them next to the green peppers. We learned, ha ha!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart