Skip to main content

Sandwich Bread ~ Tidbits


Now that I am back to baking bread, I made a new sandwich bread recipe, that my Uncle told me about just a few days ago.



It's gluten free, and made with a bit of coconut flour. 


I have a habit of eating two pieces of toast with eggs for breakfast (when I cook eggs).  Although this is not as tall as I had hoped for, I still toasted it.  I have one daughter who is very happy, and is now packing a PB & J in her lunch for school.



While laundry dried on the line, I tackled my kitchen cubbies.  The cubbies have a collection of tea cups, and I have started to wipe out the the cubbies with vinegar/water.  Cups are getting wiped too.

It was kind of a "paper work" day too.  I worked a few hours on the next family photo album.  I'm working on 2003 to 2007 right now.  I'm so far behind.  However, I felt great to get back at this project.  It was too hot and humid, and way too hot to work in the gardens. 

The photos I am working with now, are a bit of a challenge.  They are all on the computer, not on camera cards, and are not dated correctly.  Our last computer (and camera) failed on us, and they are all in files that are two to three years off of the original dates (and the camera dates are not correct).  This project will really need my patience.

And the biggest challenge, will be to pick out the ones that I really want in a photo album.  With today's digital cameras, way too many photos are taken.  It's not like the old cameras, where I used real film.  Which I used up until we moved here.

 


I prepared a box to ship to Son too, who was waiting for some items he accidentally left behind (amongst other stuff).

Poor Jesse didn't eat his breakfast until way late.  His "Mom" left for college again, and he's beside himself.  I won't tell her, but when she pulled out of the driveway, he whined.  He'll get some eggs for breakfast today.  Maybe that will cheer him up.




Comments

Kim said…
Oh dear, poor Jesse. They just don't understand how the most important person in their lives could just walk away like that. Give him a hug and a rub from me and maybe a little couch time?
Mama Pea said…
I think your new bread looks good . . . healthy and solid! Glad to hear it's got a good flavor, too!

What we moms don't go through witnessing the emotions of kids and animals, huh? I may be wrong but I don't think the males in our species think or even notice things like that!

Our humidity has broken (to a certain degree) so I'm hoping to get some polying done inside the house in the next couple of days. Wish my "deep cleaning" was done to the stage yours is!!
Kim, he's getting lots of extra hugs, the poor thing. It's raining, so a long walk is not happening. I'll have to curl up and love on him later.
Mama Pea, I'm hoping today's rain breaks our humidity. It's been a long hot sticky sweaty week here. I am still finding things to clean, but boy it sure feels good. I'm sure I'll be back out in the garden soon enough.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart