Skip to main content

Updates

I am really enjoying the new way I have organized my sunglasses (and a pair of safety glasses, which was not on this when I photographed it):


I have this on the wall right by a door I use the most.  It's worked wonderfully.  Especially, when the post lady drove up to the door and honked, when she had a box to deliver.  The sun was shining brightly and I grabbed a pair and and headed out the door to get the package.  

I'll be putting one of these at all the doors, so I have a handy pair no matter what door I go out.  Also, the one I made to hold bobby pins is working out just as well.

I'm still working away on the scrap rug.  It has many more ends to sew in, so it will take a bit longer to finish than the last rug I made.

My family can truly give "Monday" a true meaning of the word - two missed the bus, Hubby left me a car on empty, and the wood stove was stone cold.  It can only get better from here. Maybe there is a poem in my head, just waiting to pop out when I visit the barn today.  Just maybe.



Comments

Carolyn said…
Great idea on the sunglasses holder!
Don't worry, Monday is just beginning & it can't ALL be that bad :)
You are right Carolyn. Breakfast was delicious - black bean and egg burrito. At least I got that part right.
Susan said…
The only good thing I can think of to say about Mondays is that there is only one a week. I make up songs on my way to and from chores. It helps me ignore the below-zero temperatures...
Susan, ha ha! I didn't come up with a poem today, because I was focused on trying not to fall while splashing the water from buckets. Ha!
Liz said…
What a great idea for the sunglasses! I try to keep mine in a little bucket by the back door. I hate those kind of Mondays!
Liz, I love the holder I made. There are no shelves, or an area to put them at the doors, so the wall was perfect.
Sam I Am...... said…
I need to make that sunglasses holder as I have several pair and I put them in a bowl by the door with my keys...not a good idea...they get scratched!
Sam I am, I really do like it. It's so handy and keeps me organized.
RB said…
What a GREAT idea!!!
I bet these could be made in different material colors and patterns to be sold at craft sales and flea markets too.
You truly are a talented woman.
God bless.
RB
<><
Thanks RB, Hubby said I should make a few to sell at an area nearby.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart