Skip to main content

The little things that say "I love you"

Happy Valentine's Day!

I wanted to make something useful for the kids this month - a little something to say "I love you."  I don't like to simply wait for February to tell them, so my challenge to myself is to tell them more often.


I used scrap fabric to make these homemade cards (right), and old book pages (left) to create the envelope.  I used a fine-line black marker to make dashes around the scrap fabric heart (adhered with fusible web). 

What's inside?


I made crocheted hearts using #10 cotton thread, and embellished paper clips for each of them.  (Many of these card ideas are shared on S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot).

(The book the mini crocheted heart pattern is in, is linked in the above paragraph) 

I thought they could use these for organizing their homework, or for bookmarks.  I also thought our oldest daughter could use them for organizing bills and paperwork. 

Comments

Mama Pea said…
What sweet Valentine cards you made for the kids. That three-heart crocheted piece is beautiful. I don't think I've ever known anyone who does as fine, detailed, perfect crocheting as you do!

Happy Valentine's Day! It's a special day to show our love for others, isn't it? :o]
Thanks Mama Pea! That bookmark used a steel #9 hook (smallest I think I've ever used).
Liz said…
What a great handmade Valentine! You are so talented!!
Thanks Liz. I'll share the pattern book for the bookmark soon too.
RB said…
Aren't those sweet! They don't look all that difficult to make, would bring such warmth to a recipient's heart and I'd bet they could be modified with symbols for many holidays and special occasions too.
God bless.
RB
<><
GratefulPrayer and RB, thank you! The kids loved them. Mom got a set of them too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart