Skip to main content

From the Handiwork Journal . . .



. . . crocheted tiny flowers and glued them to paper clips.  These are quick to make, add color to your work space, and are fun to gift.  I loved they way these turned out - adorable!



These tiny flowers could be added to handmade cards, bobby pins, and so much more.  I glued them to large paper clips using a clear drying, strong craft glue.



I am crocheting two flower patterns for making these.  I do like the first flower better.  

I keep a box of "tuck in" gifts that fit in an envelope or card, and my stash is dwindling.  So many of these are going in the box.

The patterns for making flowers are in this book:


Fun-to-Crochet Scrapbook Accents, American School of Needlework




. . . still crocheting the cat bed.  I'm using the Moss crochet stitch.



. . .crocheting a few more cloths using the cotton blend #8 crochet thread.


. . . working on "top secret" ornaments for the family. Today I am ironing scrap fabric for some.  That's all I'm sayin'

. . .I still have pot holders on an afghan hook too.  I must get those done soon.


Comments

Sandra said…
What cute accents!
Looks like you have been busy!
Mama Pea said…
What a creative mind you have! Keep finding the time to get in a little handwork every day. (I'm not doing very well on that score. :o( I need to remind myself that if you can do it, I should be able to, too!)
Sandra, I love how the paper clips turned out.

Mama Pea, last night I watched TV and crocheted. I don't get much time during the day yet to work on them, but they are slowly getting done.
Susan said…
I take it the only time you are not creating something is when you are sleeping. But then you are probably dreaming about creating something.... :)
Anonymous said…
Oh Kristina, I thought I had lost you in my hiatus from blogging. I just couldn't remember all of your blog name... I know, I am a toad... :D
I hope you are well and the family and all the critters?
I have some serious catching up to do on reading your posts... Gosh I have missed you!!!
I'm back though so we can chat once again... :D
Hugs always from your blogging sister over here in New Hampshire,
Beth P
Anonymous said…
Now I have to look for that book... those tiny flowers would look perfect on a card too!!! giggle...
Beth P, I am so glad to find you again too.

Susan, you had me laughing. That is about true - dreaming of something to create (which I am doing today! Ha ha!)
the flowers are just so cute...
you could put those on little snap clips with ribbon for a girls hair!
I might make some.
the cat isn't too spoiled is it? lol
I'm still crocheting cloths for Christmas shoe boxes for a friends church mission.
EMMA said…
love those flowers - they must be soo tiny. just thinking of gifts i could mail to a friend who has just moved back to the US - think I've found an idea!!
Thanks for sharing it.
Sam I Am...... said…
Those are really tiny! What size hook did you use? They are adorable. You're really getting a lot done for your gift giving! Good for you!
I used size 6 steel hook and #10 cotton crochet thread.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart