Skip to main content

Sunshine to Snow

Although we had frigid temps here, the sun shined brightly all day long.  That is always a huge bonus.


However, the white stuff returned.  I just want to dial up Mother Nature and put in my order.  If it was that easy, right?

At least the animals can go about their business and not freeze their paws.



I'm out of extra foaming soap dispensers, so our homemade shampoo went in an old soap pump for now.  It will be runny this way, but it still does a nice job (castile soap, water, essential oils, and jojoba oil). 

update:  I've added the link to making it.  I make the "stimulate" recipe with peppermint and tea tree oil.  I put mine in a regular pump, only because I do not have any other (foaming or flip cap) pump on hand right now.  There is another recipe I plan to experiment with and compare it to this one, so stay tuned for that too.

That my friends (shampoo making) was the highlight of the day.  Sad right?  I have nothing exciting to share today either.  Other than the fact I have a mammoth headache this morning.


Comments

Mama Pea said…
Hey, making up some healthy homemade shampoo is nothing to sneeze at! If many of us got that much accomplished, we'd feel pretty darn good.

Must be something in the atmosphere . . . I woke with a headache this morning, too. Thought my morning latte and breakfast would take care of it, but no such luck yet. Let's put our head achey heads together, Kristina, and wish it all away!
Mama Pea, let's wish it away....
Did you post about your homemade shampoo??? I will have to look back because we are needing some! And your snowy shots are so pretty though I hear you on this weather...it has been way too cold here! You take care friend! Nicole xo
Amy Dingmann said…
Love the picture - can't wait for the warm up. If Mother Nature gets around to taking your order, let me know!
Nicole, I think I linked the recipe somewhere, but I'll have to double check.
Thanks Amy! The sun is out, but it doesn't feel like it.
mommar6 said…
Recipe please. I'd love to see it
mommar6, I have added the link to the post, so you can see the recipe. I do plan to try one more recipe that I found, so if we are pleased, I'll post that too.
Sam I Am...... said…
Good job! It is very time consuming to make from scratch and some days I don't feel like I get very far but I try to only add one new thing at a time until I get used to making/doing it and then it just becomes rote.
Sam I am, I know what you mean. Some days I just don't want to make something, but somehow I do.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart