Skip to main content

Goodbye Chemicals ~ Hello Grapeseed Oil ~ Surprise Mail

This is the list of ingredients in the make up remover wipes my girls use.  We can't afford "organic" or natural remover, but we found another substitute now.


We will be experimenting with this, following up with a good wash with homemade goat's milk soap and a cotton crocheted facial cloth.  If it works, it will not only be healthier, but a lot less expensive, and less waste to throw away.  One daughter has already tired it, and it works great to remove her eye make up.  I do think organic is best to eliminate any toxins.  


Yesterday, after a long day, I went out in the dark to retrieve the day's mail.  It was such a happy moment.  And a huge a surprise.  I cried (a happy cry) at the comforting words written to us.  We are so blessed and amazed at the support we have received to help pay for Sadie's vet bill(s).   Our family, and Sadie, thank you all!

Comments

Mama Pea said…
I use organic "Vaseline" to remove any eye make-up. Works great. Then I wash my whole face with a brand of soap a trusted naturopath recommended as the "purest" soap to be found . . . the brand is Sappo and I order it from my organic foods co-op. It comes in round bars, works out to a little over a dollar a bar and lasts a long time.

Sounds as if there is lots of love and support pouring in to you for your gal, Sadie. She'll no doubt forget about this whole ordeal a lot sooner than you will!
Mama Pea, you have my wheels turning now that you mentioned organic "Vaseline." I made homemade vapo-rub, and the first time I made it, I used olive oil. I bet I could have a Vaseline myself. Hmmm. Thanks for the tip on the soap too.
Kim said…
I use organic coconut oil as a make-up remover. It just melts the eye make-up, even water proof mascara. I also use it as a all over body lotion as I get out of the bath or shower.
another use for grapeseed oil! a personal favorite already, but when it serves multipurposes...even better.
Wonderful news about Sadie and the kindness of strangers and friends, ...and family. :)
EMMA said…
Oil as make up remover is great, even for oily skin as oil dissolves oil.
RB said…
I've heard of women who use Olive Oil to clean their makeup off their faces too. Probably works as well as any man-made oil does.
I pray Sadie is getting better.
Praise God for those who have prayed and helped.
God bless.
RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart