Skip to main content

Day of Tears

Yesterday we cried a lot.  Don't worry, they were all happy tears.  Guess who is home?


Daughter and I went to the school and surprised her sisters.  After that, she drove up to surprise her Grandma (Mom thought I was delivering her some goat's milk soap, but we sent Daughter with her sisters).  Daughter also got to hold her cousin (Baby B), and that was refreshing.  He was in such a good mood and laughed and smiled.

Oh happy day.

Sadie is one happy dog.  In fact, I expected Daughter to be up at 3:45am, but she's still sleeping.  And Sadie is by her side.

My afternoon was pretty much in my slippers after all that excitement.  I made us crock pot mac n' cheese with roasted rosemary asparagus for dinner.  Daughter thinks I'll fatten her up, but she's wrong.  My meals are good, but healthy.  I will probably sneak in a dessert this week anyway. 

Comments

Carolyn said…
Happy that you're daughter is back and able to spend some time with her furry friend :)
Mama Pea said…
Oh, happy, happy tears for sure. Sadie must be beside herself!
Oh Yay! What a happy time for your family. I got tears just reading about it. Bless Sadie's little doggy heart!
Sandra said…
Ah how sweet :) it is always nice when they are home!
Michelle said…
Its always good when our kids come home from duty.
Sam I Am...... said…
Precious picture and so happy for you!
So happy for you all as your celebrate your daughters arrival home! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Question

  I have asked this before, but I know I follow a few writers who have written (and published) novels.  What is the best free or best least expensive (simple like Word) writing software to use that is not Google Docs? Thanks! I'll be back with an update soon I hope.  But I do appreciate your help, because I cannot find the information some of you suggested.

Horsetail Salve ~ A "first" this Year

We purchased some horsetail salve to try last year.  It is said to help with severely dry, cracked skin.  My husband was the first to try it, with very, very dry and cracked hands from work. He loves it!  He joked I could not have it back.   I started the infused, horsetail oil the last part of March. Something I learned:   horsetail is also called shavegrass. I infused horsetail in oil, and strained it.  I then made horsetail salve.  I remembered to label my jar with what oil(s) I used, so I can journal this all in my "Herbal Remedies" journal.  I often forget to write the oil used. Now, the one we bought, has more in it than I put in ours, as far as ingredients (the purchased salve had lanolin, and aloe).  We'll see if ours works just as good.  I added the sage essential oil, and vitamin E oil. A "first" time experience for us this year.    I bought the larger tins at a seed store in an Amish area last year.  They a...

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart