Skip to main content

Junk Drawer Christmas Tree Ornament

Today I reveal to you the junk drawer inspired Christmas tree ornament. 

Are you ready?  I know, I know.  The suspense has to be driving you nuts.


I love the way these turned out.  I used what colors I had on hand (you could use anything), but I have instructions up over at my S.C.R.A.P. Blogspot today.  

The red and purple one will go on our tree, and the blue one will go on my bathroom tree (yes, I am still putting up a tree in my bathroom).  Last year the tree had red ornaments, so this year I'll put blue on it.  It's a white tree.  I might even have enough blue lights in storage for it too.  

I had no idea my junk drawer could be so interesting either.  You can't even tell it's a  tape dispenser ring when the beads and bead string are all added.  Hubby was quite impressed.  The junk drawer is cleaned out and I now have two new ornaments.

Comments

Mama Pea said…
1) You are amazing! and 2) You have room in your bathroom for a Christmas Tree??? (There's barely room in ours for one person wielding a towel!)
Wow!
No you cannot tell it's an old tape roll!
Those are too cute!
I'm afraid that your junk drawer is much more interesting than mine!
Patricia, my youngest scolded me for using the tape rings. We save them for drying painted Easter eggs too.

Mama Pea,
Yes. Sadly, my master bathroom has wasted space. The homeowner before us had a wife in a wheel chair so it was built to suit her needs, and it's huge! So....hence the extra Christmas tree. It makes a nice nightlight too, ha ha!
RB said…
Oh my goodness!!! So inventive and so beautiful. Think how pretty they'd be hanging in a sunlit window after CHRISTmas too.

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart