Skip to main content

Work Day ~ Visiting Family

I think I have blogger's block today.  However, I feel that not blogging would be a disservice to my readers.  I have no pictures to share either.  Sigh.  Could it be that I am simply getting boring?

I spent most of the day outdoors.  Hubby was called in to work for a few hours, so I collected all the flower pots and emptied those, put away all metal stands and hanging baskets etc.  Garden hoses were dried out and rolled up for storage too.  Winter prep stuff like that was done.

The kids had a long list of "to-do" indoors, and I see a few did not get done.  I took a quick trip to the big city with Hubby and visited his sister.  We took her some homemade crock pot macaroni and cheese for her as well.  She is looking better, but has a long ways to go to recover.

After that we visited my Mom.  I came home with two bags full of hedge apples.  I'll put those around the house today.  They do work at keeping those pesky spiders out too.

Yesterday, although it rained off and on, I was successful with drying laundry outside.  Today it is a bit chilly, but I do love this weather.  It's perfect for wood splitting and such.

Five Minutes for Me  ~  Sipping a mug of homemade hot chocolate on the front porch.  Mmm.  

Comments

Kim said…
You boring?..........never!
Sam I Am...... said…
You may think you're boring but I don't. I love all the things you do and it motivates me...like a round robin. I like to read and connect with women that "use it up, make it do, throw it out, or buy it new"....similar to your saying except this is the one I grew up with. LOL! You are NEVER boring!
Mama Pea said…
I agree . . . you are NOT boring. Pictures are nice (but not always necessary) in that we get more of a picture of your surroundings . . . and inhabitants!

I admire the way you do post so very frequently. I keep thinking that as I get into winter, I'll be a better blogger, too. You're my inspiration!
RB said…
Enjoy your porch and your hot chocolate Kristina. We all need days of rest now and then. Even God needed one every six days. ;o)

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart