Skip to main content

Routine ~ Pink


Yesterday I watched the sunrise whether I had intended to or not.  It's darker out now, and the sun rises later now.


Jesse is
the worst dog to take out.  I have to literally take a cup of coffee with me.  Taking my camera is a good idea too, now that the leaves are falling, corn is being harvested, and deer are prevalent (more sick deer in our state this year again, and pretty sure I don't want Hubby to get one for the freezer {they eat the gmo crops anyway}).



Back to Jesse.  He can't just go out and do his business and run back in.  He has to wander around, sniff around, leave his mark in about 30 places, sniff the air, bark here and there, wander way out and check the perimeter for invaders, mark his territory again, and then he comes back in.

I need to change up my routine with these dogs too.  Son got up every morning before the sunrise, and walked them all around the property.  I admit, getting dressed after sipping hot coffee in my cozy jams has not been the top of my "to-do" list.  However, they all get walks in the afternoons and sometimes evenings.

I decided, after I exercised, that I needed to get stuff returned to the library.  I had many new items to pick up too.  And guess what?!  They were at the end of a book sale and books were $1.00/bag.  Sigh.  I took a quick looksee, and found two cookbooks that I used to check out regularly.  Now I couldn't let them go, so I snatched those up.  To appease Hubby from scolding me, I brought him this:


It's his favorite movie, and we both could watch it over and over, so now he's got the book.  Hardcover too.


Mom came out for porch time yesterday too.  I'm so glad the weather is holding out for such time. I baked up a loaf of banana bread using some of our home canned applesauce.  She brought me coffee.  Mmmm!


Mom also surprised me and brought me some beautiful pink flowers.  So pretty!

Did you know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month?  Are you sporting any pink?


 I'm cooking and baking with my "Think Pink" apron.





 I'm wearing shirts too.  This one says "I wear Pink for my Mom."

 My reading glasses are pink ribbon glasses this week.

I'm writing with pink pens this week too.

I'm shopping with my reusable "pink" shopping bags.

And today's sunrise had lots of pink in it.





Five Minutes for Me ~  Watching this morning's sunrise in my jammies on the front porch, with a cup of coffee.  It's wonderful out today.  In fact, I had expected a chilly morning, but it's warm out.  Perfect for camping.  Hm.  Could I convince Hubby the wood can still get split, while we rest with quiet nights at the campfire?  Hm..

This morning was gorgeous out.  It was so quiet that I could hear the wind kick up and the leaves break loose from the trees and swirl and crackle to the ground.  Beautiful. Peaceful.  It was my time with God, to give my "thanks" today.

Hubby finally rolled out of bed.  I showed him the sunrise he missed by sleeping in (but he truthfully deserved it).  I mentioned camping.  

He rolled his eyes.  

I batted my eyes (using that "pretty please" look).  

He went back to bed with a cup of hot coffee.  I'm not sure I have convinced him yet. 

Comments

{big grin}
cute post... keep batting your eyes at your hubby, even if you don't get to go camping soon, you know he likes it. LOL!
Hot coffee on the porch is nice... not walking the dog. Buster is the same way-- walking the dog isn't fun, when they have to make their rounds and do their sentry duties! (barking at the four corners of the property)
Such characters!
Haven't sported much pink---but I am aware. Good for you showing support and bless your Momma too!

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart