Skip to main content

Happy Homemaker Monday

 I'm joining Diary of a Stay at Home Mom today.



 Breakfast time, what is on the plate this morning. . .



Omelet, potatoes/onions/peppers, toast, coffee and homemade applesauce.




Looking around the house. . .

I love my dried leaf rooster on the wall.  

I'm glad I made it.  It was kind of my "Five Minutes for Me" kind of thing.  The kids are slacking.  They will each get a list today.  Again.



On today's to-do list. . .
Laundry on the line
Call Propane for estimate
Clean master bath - sweep and mop, the whole sha-bang
Make homemade dishwasher cleaner
Wipe down spider webs everywhere
Wipe down cob webs in chicken coop
Water chickens/goats
(Dogs are always on the list)
Dishes
Floors
Mail a card
Write a thank you note
Take trash out
Clean under bathroom sinks
Clean under kitchen sink
(last two are on the week-long to-do list)





Currently reading.  .  . 



On the TV . . .
Most likely netlfix, other than Tuesday and Sunday nights.


The weather outside is. . .


Gorgeous.  Chilly, yet nice, and cozy, and a great day to dry laundry outside.

 


On the menu this week . . .
I have no idea.  Today I put leftover onion soup (the kind I made and froze), as a base in my crocky, for a veggie soup to go with cornbread.



If I have a few minutes to myself, I will. . .
 Crochet, and sip a hot cup of rosemary tea.


New recipe I tried, or want to try this week. . .

Believe it or not, I have no new recipes I wish to try this week.  I might next week, you never know.



One of my simple pleasures. . .
Fresh Flowers




Favorite photo from the camera. . .


I can't say I have a favorite photo per-say, but this is from this week.  One of our barn cats "Sassy" hanging out on the front porch with me.  She is a lover of a cat, and is an excellent barn cat when it comes to eradicating rodents.




Visiting with Blog friends (blog you want to share, blog post that caught your eye). . .

Nothing today.  Haven't really had time to roam the internet.


Praying for. . .
  Our older military kids, family, and friends with special requests



Bible verse, Devotional, that is resonating with me at the moment . . .

Isaiah 40:31

Comments

Debbie said…
Your breakfast looks delicious! Love the photo of the leaves. The colours are beautiful. Have a great week.
Mama Pea said…
ur dried leaf rooster is fantastic! So simple and yet very striking.
Michelle said…
Cute rooster picture. I need to work more on my to do list. Not much done today. Can you share your dishwasher cleaner. I tried one but it didn't work to well.
Mama Pea said…
Oops, lost the "Yo.." in the first word at the beginning of my previous post. My keyboard has been doing that lately and I don't know if it's the actual keyboard or some glitch in the belly of my computer.
Sandra said…
I was so happy to see you join in :)

Love your rooster picture, that is just adorable.

Hope you've been having a good week.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart