Skip to main content

Baking ~ Cocoa Mochas ~ Deep Cleaning


After a trip to the library, I was back home baking yesterday.


I was blessed with overly ripe bananas, so first I made banana bread (using my canned applesauce).  While that was baking, I mixed ingredients for the next item - chewy granola bars.  Lunch packings are now re-stocked.


The girls have invented a new hot beverage - Cocoa Mochas.  They mix homemade hot chocolate in with brewed organic black coffee.  I have not tried it yet, but they say it is good.

My "Five Minutes for Me" was spent doing some cross-stitch.  I was literally in my jammies and cozied up cross-stitching around 5:00pm.  It was dark, damp, drizzling, and cold out.  It felt like winter.  However, after Hubby came in the room and started laughing at me (for quitting work early), the sun happened to come out.  I literally changed gears and we moved the bed from the wall, pulled containers out, dusted and swept.  

We still have that thing that starts with "c" - carpet.  A very nasty deep carpet that sucks in the dust, dog and cat hair in it.  Every fall we clean, and clean, and talk about how we'll rip it out one day (when we have the time, ha ha!).

I joked that we were on a treasure hunt, and we'll find things we forgot we had.  We did.  Hubby found reading glasses. I found my old briefcase, which I used to tote back and forth to my career choice, in high heels, hose, and suits.  Speaking of "totes" I found a tote filled with tote bags.  I also found a purse I didn't remember having.  I ended up sorting out my stash, and two empty totes were put in the garage.

My briefcase is going to the thrift, along with many tote bags.  I also had old typewriter cartridges, and correction tape.  It filled one entire box.  The last time we moved, I gave away my old electric typewriter. Maybe I should have kept it.  Hubby and I had a laugh about that.  Today, I shampoo in there, which could take me a few days to finish.

Update on Hubby's sister:  she talked to him on the phone, and the hospital cannot not find what is causing the pain.  They will be releasing her to a facility soon (I think), until she can go home.

Either my keyboard is failing on me now, or it needs new batteries.  It's driving me nuts.  It's very slow today.  

Sun is up.  Off to work.  Have a good Tuesday.

Comments

You are very busy!
I printed off a list of 10 things to do in 10 minutes. So far I've stared it a total of 10 minutes!
You are quite the adventuresome woman!
WE had lots of rain push through yesterday morning... over 5 inches! We desperately needed it.
I'm hoping it soaked into the ground well enough to easily pull the weeds from one of the garden boxes. I'll be doing that this morning I think. Along with some 10 minute projects. ;)
Hey! Tell you daughters cocoa mochas is delish-- I make homemade cocoa and use it on occasion in my coffee, it is so yummie!
I had to back off because of the sugar.
Happy Tuesday!
Susan said…
I still have the "c" word on the floors of all the bedrooms. It is even in the master bath (which I hate). I have plans to change the bathroom this winter. I love the idea of 5 for me. Maybe I will give it a go.
Carolyn said…
I feel your pain. I've been "Spring" cleaning the last five days. I'm late at everything. But we're having a garage sale and what I don't sell is going straight to the Salvation Army. The mess caused by cleaning sure is annoying though. Doesn't seem fair, does it?
Mama Pea said…
I haven't been hit by the fall cleaning frenzy yet, but I have been baking. Just took a Berry Patch Coffeecake out of the oven for breakfast in the morning. Will serve it with shirred eggs and fresh frozen peas from the garden, I think. (We have an overnight guest so I wanted to make an extra nice meal.) Didn't squeeze in any handwork today (rats!). Maybe tomorrow.
RB said…
We usually find cat toys under everything when we clean. No matter how large the toys are, they manage to get them beneath things. I even got them a BIG bright yellow/green tennis ball that I thought was too large to fit under furniture (and would be too colorful to miss if they did) - in a matter of minutes, it was gone. I don't know where it went. smh

God bless.

RB
<><

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart