Skip to main content

Tomato Explosion ~ Goat's Drying up


Okay, so I played around all day in my home, decluttering, creating new piles to file at my computer, and just getting some overdue cleaning done, when I realized I forgot to pick the tomatoes.


With rain in the forecast (which as of this morning we still have not gotten), and well overdue, I decided to seek help from a kiddo.  My 15 year-old and I gathered tomatoes. 
 



 And more tomatoes.


 

And even more tomatoes.


And, yes, more tomatoes.

Stayed tuned on what's getting canned next with tomatoes.


And guess what Hubby brought home?  He he he!  Oh the kids are gonna be so angry with me, ha ha!

Corn.  We sat on the porch counting seconds, waiting to hear each one complain.  We all ate dinner on the front porch, and each one said (at a different time), "that's really not that much."  

To that response, was Hubby's "so do you want me to get more?"

"NO!!!!!!" they said in unison (ha ha ha ha!)




The goats are drying up, and I had one last jar of milk.  You guessed it - another batch of delicious homemade goat's milk cream cheese.  This stuff tastes so much better than the stuff at the store. 

If we play cards tonight, we're going to be enjoying cheese and crackers.  Now that I know how to make it, I can double up and use it in recipes such as beef stroganoff and cherry delight perhaps.

 
Five Minutes for Me ~ relaxation finally, on the front porch with Hubby (after a second shower and in my slippers in pajamas), while two daughters made dinner (burgers and sauteed garden vegetables).  By the way the yellow squash relish is wonderful on burgers.  Mmmm!



Comments

All I can say is beautiful! Seeing all of those tomatoes is just a thing of beauty!!! A lovely weekend to you! Nicole xoxo
Sandra said…
Oh look at all those yummy tomatoes, I would be thrilled if I had that many in my kitchen.

Hope you're having a great weekend :)
RB said…
Those tomatoes are so beautiful. Unfortunately, tomatoes won't grow for us here. This year we even tried actual plants instead of seeds, watering them well every couple of days, and they still died. I think the farmer behinds us must be using some kind of chemicals that reacts badly on our vegie plants, although all of our flowers do very well.
God bless.
RB
<><
Sam I Am...... said…
I wish I had that many tomatoes to can, or do I? LOL! Your cheese is magnificent and I always get hungry reading your blog!
Your crochet looks very pretty...what's it going to be?
The crochet piece will be an eyeglass case.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart