Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Friday, May 9, 2014

Party's Over


I have two flags out, and every day I look at them, I think of my son at Parris Island, and my daughter who is leaving very soon.






The "send off party went well.  The go kart got a lot of miles put on it yesterday.   Let's just say the chickens were better off in the barn, ha ha!   We had badminton, corn hole, and croquet too.  It was very warm outside, and humid.  I tried to take some photos before people arrived. 




There was so much of a temperature change from going from inside my house to the porch, that the camera lens steamed up.

A better photo (after my lens adjusted to the temperature).
That little garden stone says "believe" on it.



I made two batches of Whiskey Stix, along with more food.  Everyone who came brought something, so that was very helpful.  I don't have too much to clean up today either.  Daughter and her friends helped clean up (very thankful for that) before they all left.  I just have a table and some camping chairs to put away.



 Although I didn't have many flowers up, I did get all of my garden mushrooms put out.  That gave some color to the gardens.



And look!  The brutal winter did not kill my dwarf bleeding heart.

I am a very tired Mom today.  Very tired.

 However, I don't have to cook tonight.  We have enough leftovers.

....I'm off to find my mojo.  I think it will be in a pot of hot organic coffee.   Then it's back to work for me.  I'm sure the goats and chickens are waiting for food and water.


No comments: