Skip to main content

Thrift and Antique Store Finds


I found this vintage pattern pillow case (Fashion Manor Percale Penn-Prest) at a thrift store for $.50.  I love the yellow roses on it.  I thought about using it in the camper, but decided to give it to one of the girls to use (who loves yellow).  It was hard to give it up, but my pillows are king and this fit a standard.  I love the beautiful lace on it too.




While browsing an antique store, I came across this keychain. Now, I am cleaning my house out, so adding to it is a serious decision.  I walked the entire store, and at the end, decided to get it.  



It is so different.  It's jeweled on one end, and in the other, holds dimes.  A very neat find for my keychain collection. 

I won't be antique shopping very much anymore.  I found out that after this past shopping trip, the musty air from the old items in the stores caused my allergies to flare up horribly.  That night I was a mess with runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing and sneezing.

Comments

Kim said…
I love your finds. I believe that keychain was made to give to young girls as they got their license this way they would always have a "dime" to call home. Hope you feel bet.ter soon.
Candy C. said…
Love the pillowcase, it's beautiful! The keychain is interesting. I wonder if the dimes were for the parking meters?

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart