Pioneer Woman at Heart

One Flourishing, Frugal and Fun Family!

One family learning to live off the land, cut back on expenses, and to live a simpler and a more self-sufficient lifestyle.

Adopted Motto

"Eat it up,
Wear it out,
Make it do,
Or go without."
~A Pioneer Sampler, by Barbara Greenwood~

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Singing Birds ~ Wall Tent Memories

This male cardinal was singing his heart out last night.  My older brother stopped in for a visit, and gifted us wood and fencing, and we were still all standing outside.  My 11 year-old daughter encouraged me to run in and grab my camera.  Birds are the most difficult animal for me to photograph.  They are there one second, and gone the next.  However, I got lucky this time.  What a beautiful sound he made too.


We may have a change of plans today.  Hubby got called into work for a  repair, sometime around 4-5am.  He's still not back home, so I best get started on plan B.  

The weather is even better today than yesterday.  However, like most days in our state, we'll probably be back to colder days soon.  It's a good day to wash the kids bedding and put it on the line.  Not to mention, air out the house.

I'm not drinking a green veggie smoothie drink, that contains spirulina, and blue green algae.   It doesn't taste very good, but it will replenish my body with a good dose of vitamins and minerals, protein, and so forth.  I also read that the spirulina helps with allergies.  I am feeling better each day, but I am really not sure if the smoothie is the source of it yet.

Yesterday, I was able to take my crocheting project on the road.  And during my daughter's dental visit, my Mother met up with me.  She surprised me, and gifted us with two bags of delicious breads.

Days like today make me wish we had our backyard wall tent up.  

I will need to replace our tent, as well as our easy-up, as both are ruined by wear and tear.


 I'm not one to take all this stuff camping, so we look forward to relaxing in it, in the backyard. See the chicken in the photo in the upper right?  Even the chickens join us.

And of course the dogs (which Gus will be missed) join us.....

 And the barn cats too.


A Year Of Quotes:
"Courage is grace under pressure."
~ Ernest Hemingway  



3 comments:

Candy C. said...

What a beautiful shot of the cardinal!! :)

Sam I Am...... said...

I remember your "tent days" from last year! It won't be long now!

Unknown said...

How cool! I would live in that tent. It looks so comfy. I love how you decorated it too.