Skip to main content

Singing Birds ~ Wall Tent Memories

This male cardinal was singing his heart out last night.  My older brother stopped in for a visit, and gifted us wood and fencing, and we were still all standing outside.  My 11 year-old daughter encouraged me to run in and grab my camera.  Birds are the most difficult animal for me to photograph.  They are there one second, and gone the next.  However, I got lucky this time.  What a beautiful sound he made too.


We may have a change of plans today.  Hubby got called into work for a  repair, sometime around 4-5am.  He's still not back home, so I best get started on plan B.  

The weather is even better today than yesterday.  However, like most days in our state, we'll probably be back to colder days soon.  It's a good day to wash the kids bedding and put it on the line.  Not to mention, air out the house.

I'm not drinking a green veggie smoothie drink, that contains spirulina, and blue green algae.   It doesn't taste very good, but it will replenish my body with a good dose of vitamins and minerals, protein, and so forth.  I also read that the spirulina helps with allergies.  I am feeling better each day, but I am really not sure if the smoothie is the source of it yet.

Yesterday, I was able to take my crocheting project on the road.  And during my daughter's dental visit, my Mother met up with me.  She surprised me, and gifted us with two bags of delicious breads.

Days like today make me wish we had our backyard wall tent up.  

I will need to replace our tent, as well as our easy-up, as both are ruined by wear and tear.


 I'm not one to take all this stuff camping, so we look forward to relaxing in it, in the backyard. See the chicken in the photo in the upper right?  Even the chickens join us.

And of course the dogs (which Gus will be missed) join us.....

 And the barn cats too.


A Year Of Quotes:
"Courage is grace under pressure."
~ Ernest Hemingway  



Comments

Candy C. said…
What a beautiful shot of the cardinal!! :)
Sam I Am...... said…
I remember your "tent days" from last year! It won't be long now!
Anonymous said…
How cool! I would live in that tent. It looks so comfy. I love how you decorated it too.

Popular posts from this blog

Chit Chat

  The pickings are slim right now, but we'll take anything we are blessed with.  I made a salad and cleaned the beans.  The rain will give us more for a meal in a day or so.  The green beans are every so slowly coming on this season. I made a batch of homemade granola, and instead of my homemade vanilla extract, I used my homemade Christmas Spice Extract.  It smelled so good in the oven, and while cooling.   I picked some purslane, and am doing an experiment with it this time.  Update soon.   Chit Chat ©  August 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart

I've Been MIA and Heat Wave

First day of July.  It's hot.   I'm definitely not entering a stage of boredom any day soon.  Although I've been doing a lot, it's been productive.  We are in the middle of the worst heat wave I can ever remember.  So humid, there is very little to no work being done in the gardens for the last few days.  Heat index has been up to 106 degrees, and nights did not get any cooler than about  77 degrees.  The heat wave will continue for the rest of the week.  No rain yet. I froze water in small bottles to keep the chickens water cold, and froze treats for them. I canned a small batch of reduced sugar peach jam (before the heat  wave).  I have to admit, it's been very nice to can for two people now.   Enjoyed the last of our asparagus harvest.  The last two stalks were harvested June 29th.  The longest asparagus season we've ever had.  They look light colored, but taking them out of the fridge, they quickly...

Reminders?

      On the positive side (after the hot pepper debacle). . .                                                We are looking forward to creative healthy meals, derived from the garden and whatever is in abundance, or available.  The chickens helped supply this meal last year and was delicious. Beets roasted with onions and rosemary from the herb garden.  Also, a picture from previous garden years.  Oh, we put thyme on these too, and also from the herb garden. Not to forget those tomatoes and all the sauces made over the years.  That dish included asparagus from the garden, as well as oregano from the herb garden. Sometimes a roll down memory lane gives us the spark to keep gardening and planting.  Maybe.   Reminders?   ©  June 2026 by Kristina at Pioneer Woman at Heart